Food I'm going to try eating more veggies, but how do prepare?

I'm totally not a fan of the crunchy soft texture. That's the main reason I don't like onion. Mushy I can deal with, crunchy I can deal with. Soft and crunchy is no bueno.
You completely lost me with that description. Are you talking about cooked onion?
Raw onion, and even most cooked onion I link more to apples than anything else.

Not following what you mean by soft in that description

You completely lost me with that description. Are you talking about cooked onion?
Raw onion, and even most cooked onion I link more to apples than anything else.

Not following what you mean by soft in that description
I don't really know how to describe it. Whatever the texture of raw onion is. That just grosses me out. Maybe it's the combo of the texture and the flavor? IDK. I LOVE apples though. That texture doesn't bother me.

Veggies on a salad with cold cut up chicken is great. I keep a bag of frozen peas in the fridge just so I can throw some on a spinach salad. Also, it's easy to cut up a red or yellow pepper, grate some carrot and top it with onion and a tiny bit of cheese (you cold had broccoli florets and cucumber slices too) . Italian is a great lowfat dressing, or you can do a pretty easy 'honey mustard dressing' in a leakproof container. (Dijon/honey/Vinegar/Oil/Water/S&P) Shake and pour.

Honestly, I never even thought of that. Everything I put in there is not a veggie. Tomatillo, chili, lime, garlic, salt, parsley... ugh.
How do you season your guac? How do you get it to the right taste?
You mix it, then try it and add what you think it needs, right?

Just do that with your veggies.
You can even cook the veggies and separate them into different containers and add different things to find what mixes well.

There are also certain herbs and spices that go with various styles.
Italian: rosemary, basil, oregano, garlic
TexMex/"Mexican": cumin, coriander, Mexican oregano, maybe sage depending on the dish

Find three or four spices that mesh with your next meal and just start seasoning stuff.

You can even cook the veggies and separate them into different containers and add different things to find what mixes well.

This is a great idea.

In fact, if you season half with S&P, and the rest with something else, you'll be surprised how often you go back for the S&P seasoned ones over the others. It tends to bring out the flavors of what you're cooking instead of adding to the flavors. At least, I find that I do that a lot.

Also, if you make peas in a skillet, you can heat them with chicken broth, a little chopped onion, and if you want, a chopped up bacon slice or two. Reduce that Chx broth down to almost nothing.

Last edited: