I'm getting plastic surgery . . . .

Dharma1521

Soooo do I look as young as I look?
Apr 5, 2006
Falls Church, VA
Marklar
₥2,197
Kinda. I'm getting my hairs zapped. But now I feel like I can't have a stance on facelifts and tummy tucks because I would be a hypocrite. Do you consider lasik, electrolysis, or laser tattoo removal plastic surgery?

Kinda. I'm getting my hairs zapped. But now I feel like I can't have a stance on facelifts and tummy tucks because I would be a hypocrite. Do you consider lasik, electrolysis, or laser tattoo removal plastic surgery?

:shifty:

:shifty:

What hair are you having removed?

I've had 4 laser hair removal treatments on my neck and I can really tell the difference. 2 or 3 more and hair won't grow there anymore. I've already stopped getting ingrown hairs and a shaving rash. Well worth the money.

I don't think there is a yes/no or on/off kind of answer for this one. I don't think hair removal/prevention is not quite in the same ballpark as a boob job or face lift.

My opinion: if you truely have to have something done for health related reasons or to improve how well you function then it is a no brainer (like lasik).

If you are doing it because you are self conscious about the way you look I'm not a fan of that (boob jobs, lipo, face lift, etc.). Most of these things pose a risk factor to your health just so you can "look" better. bah!

If it is something as trivial as hair removal...I think it is irrelevant. It's just a more effective way of shaving and probably safer (i'm always cutting myself).

I don't think there is a yes/no or on/off kind of answer for this one. I don't think hair removal/prevention is not quite in the same ballpark as a boob job or face lift.

My opinion: if you truely have to have something done for health related reasons or to improve how well you function then it is a no brainer (like lasik).

If you are doing it because you are self conscious about the way you look I'm not a fan of that (boob jobs, lipo, face lift, etc.). Most of these things pose a risk factor to your health just so you can "look" better. bah!

If it is something as trivial as hair removal...I think it is irrelevant. It's just a more effective way of shaving and probably safer (i'm always cutting myself).

I think there's a huge difference between 'elective/cosmetic' surgery and 'plastic' surgery. Modifying what you have is much different than stuffing bits in that didn't belong there just to make you look better. An excellent case in point, breast reduction vs. breast enlargement. They both leave you with perky ta-tas, but only one is covered by health insurance (typically, so long as the original sweater puppies were big enough to be health hazards).

Granted I've had elective surgery (lasik) so I'm probably just a huge hippocrit.

Hell I'd get lasik and the laser hair removeal done in a second if I had the money. It is not the same at all as getting a tummy tuck. Although I'd get lypo too if I had the money, so maybe you shouldn't ask me...