Thread I'm fskng livid!!!

DoubleJ

Half-staff Member
Oct 30, 2008
Shelton, WA
Marklar
₥0
So, I search and search for the past month to find a nice pair of boots for my wife for christmas since the dog ate her favorite pair. I shell out WAY too much money for footwear but, feel pretty damned proud of myself. Then she tells me tonight that, she wasn't sure what kind of present I'd get her and that she wanted something nice under the tree so she went out and bought some boots to wrap and put under the tree. Who the fuck does that? I'm so fucking pissed I could scream. I want to yell at her and tell her what a moron she was and that, for me, a person who hates this fucking holiday, to actually do something in the correct spirit and to feel good about it, she has fucking ruined it, but I can't. She'd get all pissy and the mood would be even worse. right now, the plan is to go to goodwill and find the shittiest pair of boots I can find and give her those. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: I'm fucking livid!!!

yeah... she didnt do it to spite you dude. Just a bad circumstances

I've spent my self allotted time looking for one gift and now I can't give it and am back to square 1. I'm actually at square -1 since I can't buy something else until my refund hits my account, giving me who the fuck knows how much time left before christmas.

Worst - holiday - ever

I've spent my self allotted time looking for one gift and now I can't give it and am back to square 1. I'm actually at square -1 since I can't buy something else until my refund hits my account, giving me who the fuck knows how much time left before christmas.

Worst - holiday - ever

unless theyre the exact same boots, why not give them anyway. Women love multiple pairs of footwear

don't do a thing. leave them there, and continue to feel good about all you did. let her unwrap them. she can decide what she wants to do about it. SHE'S the one who assumed she wouldn't get anything nice. she took it upon herself to show up and put on that show. let HER deal with the aftermath. she can pick the boots she likes, she can take whatever pair back...

you've done your thing. don't take it back because she's bought something similar. trust me. she'll be suprised and feel like an ass when your boots have been siting there the whole time. :heart:

and maybe you should've hinted to her that you were going to get her boots

where's the fun in that?

everyone knows you don't start shopping for yourself in the month of december. especially if you've already made it known what your wish list is. she's dug this hole...let her fall in it and feel what it's like. maybe next time she won't be so quick to jump the gun!

Im actually entirely guilty of doing the same thing your wife did. Just today actually.

I got a really good deal on a tablet that I had been looking for, and after purchasing it made my gf do a facepalm, as she had already got me one for christmas. And she even hinted at it, but then dismissed it to throw me off the track (a little too well apparently). But neither one of us threw a hissy fit or got mad at eachother, it was just a facepalm moment, and I apologized, and that was that.

just give her the boots

no matter how many pairs of shoes they have they ALWAYS want more

So, I search and search for the past month to find a nice pair of boots for my wife for christmas since the dog ate her favorite pair. I shell out WAY too much money for footwear but, feel pretty damned proud of myself. Then she tells me tonight that, she wasn't sure what kind of present I'd get her and that she wanted something nice under the tree so she went out and bought some boots to wrap and put under the tree. Who the fuck does that? I'm so fucking pissed I could scream. I want to yell at her and tell her what a moron she was and that, for me, a person who hates this fucking holiday, to actually do something in the correct spirit and to feel good about it, she has fucking ruined it, but I can't. She'd get all pissy and the mood would be even worse. right now, the plan is to go to goodwill and find the shittiest pair of boots I can find and give her those. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wrap your boots, with the reciept showing you bought them first, and a card that says 'that you for ruining all the effort I put into this'

Or just shrug it off as it's just a minor thing in the big picture of life.

Yeah..telling her 'you ruined my effort' will totally make her smile.

I kind of get why you're annoyed, but not really. Just let her have her present, I'm sure she'll be surprised you got her exactly what she wanted, and hopefully the ones you brought will be better and more expensive than the ones she got. One year I figured I wasn't getting anything for Valentines so I got myself wine and chocolate, BF came home with 12 roses, better chocolate and better wine. Felt good.

and maybe you should've hinted to her that you were going to get her boots

Maybe she should have hinted she wanted boots and left some pictures from some magazines around. Women are so bizarre with this kind of craziness. If you want something, TELL your man. He's not a mind reader. Buying gifts is HARD. Usually men have the best intentions in mind. Women are the same with birthdays and anniversaries. "I just know he's going to forget our anniversary" "I just know he's going to forget!" "He forgot our anniversary" "Well did you remind him?" "No, HE SHOULD REMEMBER" "But he never does" Maybe if you don't want to be disappointed and have a fight every year a gentle reminder would be the way to go. UGH. Watching women do this is so frustrating!

DoubleJ, I'd be mad as hell if I were you too. Once you calm down, why don't you tell her what happened and ask her to handle this differently in the future because it isn't cool.

I kind of get why you're annoyed, but not really. Just let her have her present, I'm sure she'll be surprised you got her exactly what she wanted, and hopefully the ones you brought will be better and more expensive than the ones she got. One year I figured I wasn't getting anything for Valentines so I got myself wine and chocolate, BF came home with 12 roses, better chocolate and better wine. Felt good.

Because her telling him, that any present he gave her wasn't good enough so she had to go out and get her own made him smile?

Maybe she should have hinted she wanted boots and left some pictures from some magazines around. Women are so bizarre with this kind of craziness. If you want something, TELL your man. He's not a mind reader. Buying gifts is HARD. Usually men have the best intentions in mind. Women are the same with birthdays and anniversaries. "I just know he's going to forget our anniversary" "I just know he's going to forget!" "He forgot our anniversary" "Well did you remind him?" "No, HE SHOULD REMEMBER" "But he never does" Maybe if you don't want to be disappointed and have a fight every year a gentle reminder would be the way to go. UGH. Watching women do this is so frustrating!

DoubleJ, I'd be mad as hell if I were you too. Once you calm down, why don't you tell her what happened and ask her to handle this differently in the future because it isn't cool.

A man should remember his anniversary. However what to get the woman is the question.

no kidding it felt good, you were going on two boxes of chocolate and your 2nd bottle of wine