Thread I'm fskng livid!!!

Werd, but the main point of the story is that when you have no faith in your man so end up buying yourself something you'll be REALLY happy and surprised when it turns out you should have trusted him in the first place. ;)

In this case, that's only part of the issue. It's the telling him she did that before Christmas and saying it's because she had no faith hin him that is what would get me upset.

I agree, your wife had a tard moment. After you've calmed down, leave your stuff. You got a gift receipt that's already in the wrapped box, right? Even if you didn't, you can show her the receipt after she opens them if she accuses you of getting them after she got hers.

If it was me, I wouldn't be upset about the boots. I'd be upset that she told you she got them for herself so she would have "something nice to open on Christmas," implying that whatever you'd gotten her wasn't going to be up to par.

So, I search and search for the past month to find a nice pair of boots for my wife for christmas since the dog ate her favorite pair. I shell out WAY too much money for footwear but, feel pretty damned proud of myself. Then she tells me tonight that, she wasn't sure what kind of present I'd get her and that she wanted something nice under the tree so she went out and bought some boots to wrap and put under the tree. Who the fuck does that? I'm so fucking pissed I could scream. I want to yell at her and tell her what a moron she was and that, for me, a person who hates this fucking holiday, to actually do something in the correct spirit and to feel good about it, she has fucking ruined it, but I can't. She'd get all pissy and the mood would be even worse. right now, the plan is to go to goodwill and find the shittiest pair of boots I can find and give her those. :mad: :mad: :mad:

how long have you been married?

Maybe he's sucked at buying presents before, hence the lack of faith? We're only hearing one side of the story here.
Irrelevant. Even if you have a lack of faith in someone, why the fuck would you tell them? She was totally disrespectful by telling him whatever he'd gotten was rubbish sight unseen

Or maybe he was disrespectful and shit to her by giving her crappy stuff with no thought put into it? ONE SIDE OF THE STORY HERE BRO.

you sure seem to be doing quite the job writing the other story to make him look like the complete bad guy, without any supporting reason to do so.

Basically, you are calling DoubleJ a liar, for no reason, and now also painting him as a shitty husband, all to make sure you can justify your point of view.

You would probably nuke england if that is what it took to validate your position.

Re: I'm fucking livid!!!

don't do a thing. leave them there, and continue to feel good about all you did. let her unwrap them. she can decide what she wants to do about it. SHE'S the one who assumed she wouldn't get anything nice. she took it upon herself to show up and put on that show. let HER deal with the aftermath. she can pick the boots she likes, she can take whatever pair back...

you've done your thing. don't take it back because she's bought something similar. trust me. she'll be suprised and feel like an ass when your boots have been siting there the whole time. :heart:
Yes, this.

Seriously.

Depends how many years you've been putting up with sh*tty presents for if you ask me.

Which also depends on if you flat out asked for something, or if you've just vaguely hinted at something.

Saying, "Oh that looks pretty" is not saying you want it to a man. No matter how obvious a woman thinks she's being with that statement.

you sure seem to be doing quite the job writing the other story to make him look like the complete bad guy, without any supporting reason to do so.

Basically, you are calling DoubleJ a liar, for no reason, and now also painting him as a shitty husband, all to make sure you can justify your point of view.

You would probably nuke england if that is what it took to validate your position.

I didn't know considering that the other person may see things differently was writing him out to be a bad guy? I guess it's okay to just jump to his defense and believe his wife is totally the bad guy instead. :rolleyes:

MAYBE there's a reason he tried to hard this year, MAYBE he's been crappy at it in the past, MAYBE she felt like she wanted something she really liked this year. Who knows? He's not here to answer questions and I'm not about to declare her an insensitive bitch based on a one sided rant.

So no, I've never called him a liar. But your bias is ridiculous and you can't seem to accept common sense that perhaps she has her own reasons and feelings too.

Which also depends on if you flat out asked for something, or if you've just vaguely hinted at something.

Saying, "Oh that looks pretty" is not saying you want it to a man. No matter how obvious a woman thinks she's being with that statement.

Some men are definitely better than others in the present department, no two ways about it. DJBrenton buys THE BEST presents for people, ever. If there's 1 thing out of a list of 100 that you'd like, and the other 99 you'd hate he'll always pick the right 1. Some men are awful though, a lot of our guy friends take me Christmas shopping for their girlfriends most years because I know where all the good stuff is and what they'll like.

I didn't know considering that the other person may see things differently was writing him out to be a bad guy? I guess it's okay to just jump to his defense and believe his wife is totally the bad guy instead. :rolleyes:

MAYBE there's a reason he tried to hard this year, MAYBE he's been crappy at it in the past, MAYBE she felt like she wanted something she really liked this year. Who knows? He's not here to answer questions and I'm not about to declare her an insensitive bitch based on a one sided rant.

So no, I've never called him a liar. But your bias is ridiculous and you can't seem to accept common sense that perhaps she has her own reasons and feelings too.

Honey, I've told you time and time again, I wanted more sex. You haven't given me more sex. So I'm just going to go out and get myself more sex.

Did you just validate cheating spouses who don't feel they get what they want?

Maybe he's sucked at buying presents before, hence the lack of faith? We're only hearing one side of the story here.

Or maybe he was disrespectful and shit to her by giving her crappy stuff with no thought put into it? ONE SIDE OF THE STORY HERE BRO.

Yup. That's totally what you are doing here...