. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,362
So...

I am officially OFF THE WAGON.

Yet, I haven't had a drink yet.

I just passed the 30 day mark of no alcohol. It was a somewhat weird and surreal experience, especially being flat out sober around drunk people on more than a few occaisons.

I have learned that avoiding those 'binge nights' of friday and/or saturday have made me more productive, but not nearly as fun to be around.

Anyone else ever given up anything like that for even a short, set amount of time?

PS. Ya, I might have a mini-binge this friday.

I gave up smoking once for 6months. Then the guy I gave up for dumped me and I started up again. I've decided rather than never ever drinking again, I'm never going to get drunk again. Which I suppose is giving up something.

I tried giving up swearing for a week once because we all gave up something for a week where I used to work, I got down to about 10 words a day. I really need to start being more articulate.

You didn't have a sip before to prepare yourself so you wouldn't binge when the time came? Didn't your friend suggest that? :lol:

You didn't have a sip before to prepare yourself so you wouldn't binge when the time came? Didn't your friend suggest that? :lol:

She's just happy that I'm now available to fall off the wagon and no longer be an example of virtuous living, and instead rise to the level of moral decay and debauchery people expect of me.

And no, no sips yet. My 30 days are done and yet, I don't see me rushing off to have one any time soon.

I've gone 30 days just like you mentioned. and experienced the same.. insanely more productive, but a little less fun to be around (i'm sure that might be debated). LOL.

good to detox occasionally though.

I haven't had sugar or starchy carbs in 15 days.

welcome back to the darkside duke.

yeah, the liquor store is much more inviting.

If I go up to a girl and say 'Hey, wanna join me on some internet forums', and she says yes, I realize that our nights 'might' be spent talking about WoW.

If I go up to a girl and say 'Hey, wanna join me for a drink tonight', and she says yes, I realize our night might be spent not talking at all, while still doing a lot a communicating. Like 3 or 4 times.

It's really a tough choice between the two.

I mean, seriously, it's WoW we are talking about here.