I'm firing a Client - Would You?

I thought this thread said "I'm flirting with a client, would you?" I expected high drama in the workplace. :(

Sarcasmo said:
I thought this thread said "I'm flirting with a client, would you?" I expected high drama in the workplace. :(
Most people here arent in HS; shocking I know.

UPDATE

UPDATE:
So I got a couple of calls today from both parking guys and guess what, it's like nothing happened.
It's insane, it's like dealing with two different bi-polar people. So like four different people all together.
After all is said and done, I'm going to increase their rate. An extra 30% for causing me undue stress. Maybe they'll keep their cool with me after that.

lemon_fresh said:
They'd just slap your little ass down :)

These guys yell alot at their employees. Which leads me to ask: Are most employers/mangers/bosses yellers? I've seen plenty of the passive aggresive types, but this is only the second mange by yelling kinda company I've come across. What are other people's experience in this regard?

We have customers yell a lot. Mainly I've found that Indian people are yellers. Indian, meaning people from India. Especailly when they ship crap to other countries. And by crap I mean waste and scrap. Litteraly garbage. We had one guy tell a girl (not on my team) "what are you a funcking idiot". If it had been my team then we woudl not be doing business with them anymore. I've talked to the same guy and he just yells. Probbably 80% of the time. BUt I am a loud person and can usually yell over him enough to tell him what I am going to do to fix his problem. I was waiting for him to say something derogatory to me the other day when a steamship line totally screwed up his move. But he didn't. I had already told the boss man that I wouldn't put up with it and that he would be hung up on. But I didn't get my chance.

Some people are just really excitable and yell a lot. I don't think there is much you can do. But name calling and being flat out rude is uncalled for and I won't put up with someone being like that to me or anyone on my team.

They always call back later and act like nothing happened...I hate that. I did ave one guy when I was at a steamship line send me flowers because I told him that he WILL NOT talk to me like this and hung up the phone. Then I told the Sales Rep that if that guy had anything to say or needed anything that it would all be handled by email. He sent me flowers 2 days later.

lemon_fresh said:
UPDATE:
So I got a couple of calls today from both parking guys and guess what, it's like nothing happened.
It's insane, it's like dealing with two different bi-polar people. So like four different people all together.
After all is said and done, I'm going to increase their rate. An extra 30% for causing me undue stress. Maybe they'll keep their cool with me after that.

good work man! I would have raised at least 50% though :D

nice title! :fly:

I hate dealing with the public. People think you can just shit a resolution to their problem as soon as they snap their fingers. People like that end up on the back of this list, just out of spite. I have had people hang up on me, call me a bitch, scream, yell, talk down to me, talk dirty to me, call me stupid and countless other things for reasons I had absolutly no control over. The worst part about it is that they KNOW I can't control it but use me and or my staff as punching bags.

I have the luxury of telling who I want, when I want to go fuck themselves. With that being said, I still need to be careful because ultimatly they sign the paycheck!

As far as yelling at employees - I don't yell at anyone; especially someone at work. I have had a heightened tone in my voice out of sheer frustration; maybe growled a little, but I don't yell.

lemon_fresh said:
UPDATE:

It's called the "asshole upcharge" and we use it daily! ;)