Food I'm due for some good luck...chuck???

Applesauce

The Gypsy-The Acid Queen
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥3,143
Supposedly, a praying mantis that comes to visit you means that it's good luck. :eek:

I sure hope so, because after this huge thing sat in my window sill for 3 days, he finally made his way out - into my office. He was like 4" +.

I took a bunch of pics of his antics & I seriously think I pissed him right the f off because after a bit of his "exploring" of the my office, he then made his way onto my monitor, then my desk...like RIGHT next to my arm...and stared at me. I let him sit there for a bit, then he got a tad closer and moved his head some to...stare. :omy:

Ever sit on the computer with a praying mantis sitting next to you, staring intently? Really creepy. Then after I was getting used to it, he charged at my arm, then back to the desk. Then charged at my head and sat there, then crawled to my face with his stabby legs out, like he was gonna strike. I got creeped the f out and threw him outside. TOO CLOSE, BUDDY.

Anyway. Pix:

When he first flew over...making his way up my desk leg.
wqkyo.jpg

Changed his mind & went for higher ground.
m9juJ.jpg

Getting a closer look...at me. Yes, hello!
Rh8ND.jpg

On lampshade
hOQln.jpg

Mr. White Peacock checking things out.
iB8RT.jpg

Mr. Raccoon gets a closer look.
RJRYW.jpg

Mr. Mantis freaking out & praying to Allah.
08jTh.jpg

Made it to my monitor.
L4Lai.jpg

What? You want to fly nonstop somewhere on Southwest??
xwvSI.jpg

This is where he sat, intently staring & moving closer. Last pic I got before he started charging at me & putting out his stabby legs on my face.
Wdaij.jpg

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
here's me and a buddy outside cnn center a few years ago

1nRr1.jpg

eZdkt.jpg

bonus content: bad pic of july 4th fireworks over centennial olympic park from my living room

KmU69.jpg

LOL. They are sooo funny. Normally, thy never creep me out, but I SWEAR, this thing stalked me! Yours is brown.

I guess they come in other awesome colors, like pinks and shizz. But, not here in the US.

omg that thing is HUGEEEEE
omg omg omg omg i woulda been screaming and hitting it with a broom.

you are fucking brave! omg what if was poisonous???? aaaaaaa

omg lmao @ this piiiiiiiiiiiiic

oh hai guise

Rh8ND.jpg