Ontopic Illegal Immigration, How Do We Deal With It?

Peppers

Lady Yeppers
Feb 24, 2013
Mars
Marklar
₥26,106
So, illegal immigration has been a hot button issue (again) for the past few weeks thanks to Donald Trump and his comments about Mexico illegals and it even stirred up a bit of a debate here. Well, the topic hit home for me Monday. On Monday afternoon in a very quiet community about 15 minutes from where I live an illegal immigrant attempted to rape a 14 year old girl. Luckily the girl escaped and called the police. A few minutes after the attempted assault a 40 year old woman who was in the park with her 12 year old twins was shot in the arm by the same person who assaulted the girl. While the police were canvassing the park and surrounding area looking for the suspect a man frantically approached police saying he came home to find his 60 year old wife shot to death in their home which borders the park. That women was one of my best friend's Aunt :( When the police finally found the suspect a shoot out took place until the suspect finally surrendered. After his arrest it was discovered that on July 7 the suspect had been pulled over for a minor traffic violation and detained by the Sheriff's Department who contacted the Immigration Department when they discovered the suspect was an undocumented illegal immigrant. The Immigration Department refused to take custody of the suspect and the Sheriff's Department was forced to release him. NONE of this should have ever happened if the government would have done their job on July 7.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/07/lake_county_murder_suspect_fou.html#incart_2box

So what's the solution? How do keep things like this from happening? How do we secure our borders, run an effective guest worker program, but also get rid of people like this who are here illegally before horrible things like this tragedy and what happened in San Francisco a few weeks ago can take place. Thoughts?

This happened not because the person was an illegal,but because he was an asshole. There are countless similar issues like this where the person was legal.

Many illegals come here and are very hard workers trying to escape a horrible life thanks to their government and our government not making it feasible to become citizens.

Sorry for your loss @yeppers

"But getting rid of people like this before it gets worse?"
He was a crazy psycho. Him being illegal didn't cause this tragedy. Him being crazy did.

How many legals go on massacres and rampages in the USA on a weekly basis?

First so sorry that it affected you so personally, but I have to agree - it wasn't an illegal immigrant problem, it was a crazy person with guns problem.

We have a serious problem here with violence and that bothers me more than anything with illegal immigrants. We also have a highly convoluted process to become legal here in the US and we should look at that too. But that's a whole other conversation.

So one out of thousands of shootings was done by an illegal and its an immigrant problem not a gun control problem?
Seriously. America likes to blame everything else but their gun control. It's amazing. No no no, this shooting is a race crime, so we have to outlaw confederate flags, not guns. No no no this one's an immigration problem, not a gun problem.

Wake the fuck up.

Seriously. America likes to blame everything else but their gun control. It's amazing. No no no, this shooting is a race crime, so we have to outlaw confederate flags, not guns. No no no this one's an immigration problem, not a gun problem.

Wake the fuck up.
Yea cause I'm sure the illegal would have went through background checks, a grace period, blah blah blah...

Gun control policies just make it more difficult for law abiding citizens, they've never stopped a criminal. This guy was on the other side of the law already just being here, who's to say he didn't smuggle in the weapon from Mexico when he came over? Luckily the cops got there with guns to stop him before he could do anything else.

It's an immigration problem, gun control has nothing to do with it.

Actually it's a Mexico is a complete shit hole problem. We don't have any issues with Canadians.

Need to legalize drugs to help end the drug wars down there and do something them on the right track so they aren't trying to flee here. If I lived there I'd be jumping the border too.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I am very conservative on this issue. We need to deport all illegals and stop letting them in even if they want to be here legally. This country is over populated as it is. Yeah Mexico and other countries may suck but that's not our problem.

My position is not based on threadstarters horrible story. Although i am sorry that your friend lost his aunt, dude was nuts. Ins fucked up. Should have sent the pos back where he belongs in the first place.

Actually it's a Mexico is a complete shit hole problem. We don't have any issues with Canadians.

Need to legalize drugs to help end the drug wars down there and do something them on the right track so they aren't trying to flee here. If I lived there I'd be jumping the border too.
Mexico is not a complete shit hole.
It's a developing country

Most illegals crossing are looking for work and a better life for their families.
And there are families in Mexico that love their country and are well established and happy.

If you think every single mexican wants out of Mexico you are highly mistaken.

Holy shit you're right.

The simple fact that this dude crossed the mexico/USA boarder without a visa/passport/whatever made him go crazy and do all these terrible things! He was a perfectly good guy up until that point, srsly.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Well, we can't really blame the guns either. We have to blame crazy people. We have laws in this country that say you can't go around shooting other people but US citizens do it anyway. Way more people have been killed by US citizens than by illegal immigrants or terrorists or anything else. Maybe we need to accept that fact that bad things happen, but mostly because our society is fucked up and we are a violent group with a lack of morals and values. Getting rid of every illegal immigrant in the country isn't going to change that. I think the whole illegal immigrant debate is kind of a smoke screen. Sort of a 'hate this group of people and blame them for your woes so that you don't notice this multibillionaire taking your last dollar and using it to buy another yacht.'

I am sorry for your loss though. It's never easy to accept when someone is taken at the hands of a crazy person.

This happened not because the person was an illegal,but because he was an asshole. There are countless similar issues like this where the person was legal.

Many illegals come here and are very hard workers trying to escape a horrible life thanks to their government and our government not making it feasible to become citizens.
@King Wickie

Wake the fuck up.
Mass gun shootings have gone up, yes. Gun violence overall has dropped.

Wake the fuck up.

Yeah it's the lack of gun control laws that caused this. I mean Chicago a city that banned hand guns is just fine, just look at all the gun related murders it stopped.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and APRIL
I wonder how overwhelmed the immigration department is.

It's not just them it's the whole government to blame. Obama has an uncle in the US who had a deportation order on him for years an years and years. He got arrested for drunk driving and guess what happened to him? instead of being kicked out like he should have been a judge gave him a green card and said "welcome to america"