Ikea's Customer Service sucks!

If I had a 1,000 twelve month interest free loan, by the time I paid it off, I'd have at least $1,050 from investing (bare minimum crappy investing mind you) leaving me with $50 profit. If I had 100k interest free loan for 12 months... oh damn, I'd definitely cash in, probably in real estate.

That being said, some people don't have the know-how or desire to invest money properly and tend to rack up CC bills without ever paying them off, which ends up hurting credit scores, etc. so they play it super safe and never want to owe money.

Those who take the risks become rich, and when you don't have your own money to make money with... you use others.

NOW, for hifi's situation where it's a money strapped situation and not an investment situation... yea, opening up CC's might not be the best idea in the world. You can only take out so much credit. Mortgage + Car loan + every CC adds up.

..... UF investing club anyone?

No it wasn't that we were strapped exactly. We have the money, but didn't really want to pay cash from pocket/ take it out of the savings. The card was 12 months same as cash and thats the only time we use cards like that is on specials for bigger purchases. We also always pay them off by the 11th month.

We have a savings account with ING as well as one through our credit union that is on of the ones that rounds up then throws the money in savings, we saved like $29 last month just using our debit card.

No it wasn't that we were strapped exactly. We have the money, but didn't really want to pay cash from pocket/ take it out of the savings. The card was 12 months same as cash and thats the only time we use cards like that is on specials for bigger purchases. We also always pay them off by the 11th month.

smert grl. People usually take that to mean its free money. :fly:

Because sometimes you just don't have the extra cash lying around yet you still need the stuff (i.e. refrigerator)

FUCK YEA!

in fact, i just paid off the fridge we got last labor day from HHgregg on 12 months no interest. Have the handy dandy card right here for the next time i need/want something from them and can get 12 months free from them.

What all do we have...
3 credit cards; Discover, Visa & American Express: 1 never even activated, 1 with a small balance and the other with a bit more on there.

Store specific: Ikea, Value City Furniture, Lowes, HHgregg

High dollar items: Mortgage and Car Loan

Credit isnt perfect, but its not bad. Could certainly be better, but im not going to pain my life over not being above 700. I have other things to worry about.

And yes, we go without plenty rather than charging it. ;)