Ikea's Customer Service sucks!

If you are doing so well why even use a same as cash loan?

Because while it's an appliance emergency, it's not something that should dip in to my emergency funds. My emergency funds are for when I'm laid off or fired or severe bills come out of nowhere. Not for a refrigerator. Why do I worry about keeping a high credit score if I'm not going to utilize it (which further increases my credit score) And well what's better, a same as cash loan or paying interest on a credit card. (I'll give you a hint, one costs less money)

Last edited:
Because while it's an appliance emergency, it's not something that should dip in to my emergency funds. My emergency funds are for when I'm laid off or fired or severe bills come out of nowhere. Not for a refrigerator. Why do I worry about keeping a high credit score if I'm not going to utilize it (which further increases my credit score) And well what's better, a same as cash loan or paying interest on a credit card. (I'll give you a hint, one costs less money)

Understandable. I keep old cards open for such an issue.

Still working on my ER fund though.

Yeah Mine's growing but nowhere near where I would like it to be. While I technically only need around 5K for where I live, I would love 15K as my ER fund.

How many months are you saving for? I guess it never hurts to save as much as possible. But I would rather not put a ton of money in a savings account when I could have it work a little harder for me. I was thinking about 6 months.

speaking of savings accounts and interest, where do y'all put your money that you want to have accessible but don't plan on using it...where it earns the best interest? my regular old bank doesn't do shit for interest, and i keep hearing about credit unions. thoughts?

speaking of savings accounts and interest, where do y'all put your money that you want to have accessible but don't plan on using it...where it earns the best interest? my regular old bank doesn't do shit for interest, and i keep hearing about credit unions. thoughts?

I have a high interest free checking account with ING. Its accessible if I need it but still earning what it would in savings. But normally I keep a smaller amount there.

How many months are you saving for? I guess it never hurts to save as much as possible. But I would rather not put a ton of money in a savings account when I could have it work a little harder for me. I was thinking about 6 months.
ya, 6 months is the generally accepted theory

FNBO - 3.5%
ING direct - 3.0%
Emigrant Direct - 3.0%

Some of the bigger and better online banks. All FDIC insured. Transfers simply come from your regular checkings or savings and take 2-3 days to process. Ape and I are currently using FNBO for our joint Emergency Fund and we each also have an ING account.

ya, 6 months is the generally accepted theory

FNBO - 3.5%
ING direct - 3.0%
Emigrant Direct - 3.0%

Some of the bigger and better online banks. All FDIC insured. Transfers simply come from your regular checkings or savings and take 2-3 days to process. Ape and I are currently using FNBO for our joint Emergency Fund and we each also have an ING account.

I get 3.4% with their checking.

oooh.

I've heard 3 months (Which is where I'm at currently) Ideally, I'd love to have a full year not including minimal expeditures.