if you care, planned UF outage this weekend

i almost got in a fight with a guy once when i told that joke. the funny part is, afterwards, he went outside to start his harley and it wouldnt start :lol: :lol:

i almost got in a fight with a guy once when i told that joke. the funny part is, afterwards, he went outside to start his harley and it wouldnt start :lol: :lol:

That usually happens with the older batteries and the short-trip bar-hopping, the batteries just don't get charged enough to start the beast reliably.

My neighbor's is a '77 which he puts TONS of miles on and he still had that problem on colder days, so he upgraded the battery and hasn't had a problem since.

That usually happens with the older batteries and the short-trip bar-hopping, the batteries just don't get charged enough to start the beast reliably.

My neighbor's is a '77 which he puts TONS of miles on and he still had that problem on colder days, so he upgraded the battery and hasn't had a problem since.

isn't that one of the amf years? :omy:

(my dns-fu is VERY weak)

the DNS servers will be changing as well, so will that still matter?

Yeah it probably would have helped. But at this point it may be too late now since the old TTL is most likely cached everywhere. Just cut it over and we'll hope for the best. If you know the IP address that the server will be moving to, that would be sweet to post (assuming it is dedicated for this web site).

current zone file: uselessforums.com. zz SOA ns7.zoneedit.com. soacontact.zoneedit.com. (1158625435 14400 7200 950400 7200)

1158625435 = serial of the current zone file (increments by one each time you change it, so your nameservers know when copy is the latest)
14400 = refresh the secondary nameservers (in seconds)
7200 = retry setting for the secondary nameservers in case of problem (in seconds)
950400 = expire records on secondary nameservers after this time(in seconds)
7200 = TTL (in seconds), minimum caching of time in case of failed lookups

So dropping 7200 to like 600 seconds, i.e. 10 minutes. IP changes in the zone file *should* propagate the intarwebnets quicker.