WTF If the US was invaded by a coalition of foreign armies...

I'm going to build a doomsday castle. Y'all are welcome to come hangout. Well, most of you.

628x471.jpg
Those people are fucking retarded.
"Hurr-dur! I'm gonna strap a couple logs onto the side o this here tractor and ram down the door we just built to see how well it stands up!!"

Fuckhead.

I get this question, and have debated it in the past. Basically, it's turning the situation in Iraq around to have the US be the target.

Essentially, we went into Iraq because they have WMDs, and a leader who might use them. During that time, not only did the US have WMDs, but we also had a leader who contemplated using them (Bush, commenting on using nukes to bunker bust). In essence, if a coalition of nations decided we were a danger, they would have just as much right to attempt to do something about it as we had.

If you look at the entire issue from a 50,000 foot/all things being equal perspective.

I'm going to avoid the entire 'might makes right' perspective of the discussion and look at it more realistically. As of right now, there isn't even a collective of nations that could pull this off. It would take the combined might of Russia, China, North Korea, and at least 3 other large militaries to even make it feasible. Just not going to happen.

For this scenario to be realistic, it would have to include a dramatic change in the US, the size of our military, and our leaders ability to control the local population. I say the last part because if the US has sank so far as to make us 'invade-able', there would most likely be a local revolution occurring long before a foreign invasion.

So, if the US had collapsed sufficiently to make a foreign invasion possible, it would really come down to who was invading, and why. While it may look like we liberated Iraq, and just went after their military, a lot of civilians died during the invasion and subsequent occupation. Many of their homes destroyed. Lives demolished in the meantime. The citizenry did not rise up, but there was a substantial insurgency which caused significant issues. I think it's safe to assume that if the situations were reversed, and the US was occupied by 'liberators', there would be a significant local insurgency as well escalating up to established acts of terror to force their hand in vacating the US.

The question being would I join said insurgency? Depends a lot on who is invading, and why.

I like Duke's answer. I would still need more information as to the scenario that caused it. Although I can tell you we'd turn to suicide bombing and IEDs just as quick as anyone else.

according the internets, the US govt is horribly oppressive now.

The NSA is spying your grandmother dontchaknow.

edit: they stole her favorite cookie recipe.
ninja, you know better than this. yes reddit is full of idiots that are making a mountain out of a molehill

but the power to do this is unacceptable, especially since there's no oversight

Wait what?!

I loooovveed that move Olympus Has Fallen. Where the North Koreans try to take over the white house. Excellent, high action movie.

the only thing i remember about that is that that dude sure did have a penchant for stabbing people in the head.

Before I made a decision I would need a lot more information. What plan do these people have for after they overthrow the government? Tyrannical rule? Let us try and sort it out on our own? Without a good plan there's no point. Things won't get better. But if the free love happy motivated smart non-greedy peace loving people with superior defense techniques and a plan for clean energy want to come overthrow us, so be it. Since they don't exist I can't imagine things would get better no matter what so I'm with whoever said go to the mountains and shoot anyone that comes by.

I'm gonna hang out with dan and eileen as we shoot people from the mountains because every shot they take will be accompanied by some snarky comment. It will be the most hilarious insurgency ever.