if cletusjones is around,

he needs birthday spankings, too..and maybe extras for not comin' 'round here no more.

Thanks for the birthday wish!

What's going on around here? It seems like every time I check the forum there's nothing going on since I'm not able to post during the day. We're web[non]sense users at work and everything worth surfing to is blocked. They even blocked my private proxy and my SSH access to home. :( Not that I have the time to do any slacking at work anymore anyway. I'm in the process of rolling out new hardware (thin client workstations and new financial printers) to the branches so it's been taking all my time. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get hardware qualified.

Since BigDov mentioned that I'm gonna be a daddy soon I'll share that too. Sheena and I are expecting a pterodactyl sometime around Christmas. I have some scans of the ultrasound pics around here somewhere, perhaps I'll feel saucy and upload them if anyone's interested. I'm really excited about it but I'm pretty scared too. I never thought I'd ever have kids so I don't know anything about them. Sheena has been good though, she's gotten me books and stuff so I at least have some idea what's going to happen. It's pretty cramped in the condo now with all the baby stuff, but I wasn't expecting to have a roommate much less a child when I got the 1 bedroom pad. We figure we've got about a year before we have to be in somewhere bigger. We're thinking somewhere around NW Indiana. There's the possibility we may move to the Daytona Beach area though, I have a friend who's moving his company to the area and has asked me if I'd like to work for him. Fun stuff.

:heart:

What's going on around here? It seems like every time I check the forum there's nothing going on since I'm not able to post during the day. We're web[non]sense users at work and everything worth surfing to is blocked. They even blocked my private proxy and my SSH access to home. :( Not that I have the time to do any slacking at work anymore anyway. I'm in the process of rolling out new hardware (thin client workstations and new financial printers) to the branches so it's been taking all my time. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get hardware qualified.

Since BigDov mentioned that I'm gonna be a daddy soon I'll share that too. Sheena and I are expecting a pterodactyl sometime around Christmas. I have some scans of the ultrasound pics around here somewhere, perhaps I'll feel saucy and upload them if anyone's interested. I'm really excited about it but I'm pretty scared too. I never thought I'd ever have kids so I don't know anything about them. Sheena has been good though, she's gotten me books and stuff so I at least have some idea what's going to happen. It's pretty cramped in the condo now with all the baby stuff, but I wasn't expecting to have a roommate much less a child when I got the 1 bedroom pad. We figure we've got about a year before we have to be in somewhere bigger. We're thinking somewhere around NW Indiana. There's the possibility we may move to the Daytona Beach area though, I have a friend who's moving his company to the area and has asked me if I'd like to work for him. Fun stuff.

Congratulations! Yea, baby's may be small but their stuff takes up lots of room. Is it a boy or a girl? Don't stress too much, you'll pick up having a kid quickly when you have one of your own.

Go with NW Indiana, then I can meat you next time I go home. :D Congrats bro

Congratulations! Yea, baby's may be small but their stuff takes up lots of room. Is it a boy or a girl? Don't stress too much, you'll pick up having a kid quickly when you have one of your own.

We don't know what it's gonna be. It looked like a little fossil in the ultrasound pics so I've been calling it my little dinosaur. We figured that there aren't really that many true surprises in life and since this is one of the biggest we're trying to make the most of it. Both our families have started betting pools and have been hounding us to tell them (You can tell me, I swear I won't tell) but since we don't know it's all good. I just want it to be healthy and happy. We'd prefer a boy because we feel like it'll be easier in the longrun but either way it'll be good times.

The learning curve isn't too steep then? Is there anything we should be on the lookout for? Any pearls of wisdom to offer?

Go with NW Indiana, then I can meat you next time I go home. :D Congrats bro

We currently live not too far from the I-80/I-57 interchange so we're only about 20 minutes from NW IN already. You should PM me next time you go home and I'll give you my digits. We should have a mini-meat. :drool:

We don't know what it's gonna be. It looked like a little fossil in the ultrasound pics so I've been calling it my little dinosaur. We figured that there aren't really that many true surprises in life and since this is one of the biggest we're trying to make the most of it. Both our families have started betting pools and have been hounding us to tell them (You can tell me, I swear I won't tell) but since we don't know it's all good. I just want it to be healthy and happy. We'd prefer a boy because we feel like it'll be easier in the longrun but either way it'll be good times.

The learning curve isn't too steep then? Is there anything we should be on the lookout for? Any pearls of wisdom to offer?
Ya, I'd have to lock a daughter up in solitary if I had one. You see the things these girls do on webcams and post to YouTube these days? Its fantastic.
We currently live not too far from the I-80/I-57 interchange so we're only about 20 minutes from NW IN already. You should PM me next time you go home and I'll give you my digits. We should have a mini-meat. :drool:
I'll be home for Thanksgiving, but won't really have much time. :( I live just across the state line from South Bend, IN.

wooooweee!! congratulations on the little fossil...what a great little nickname! i'm so thrilled for you and that this relationship has worked out so well.
if parenting DIDN'T scare you, i'd worry. i had a TON of baby experience before ours came along and i still was scared to death! it's not something that should be taken lightly and it's it's the most challenging thing you'll ever do in your life. feeling scared because of that is normal.
but it's incredible. i'm sure you already know that. but many things come to you naturally, and if it doesn't, there are usually plenty of people around you to ask. :heart:
i'd love to see an ultrasound pic and i'd love to see pics of the baby when SHE gets here. :D

My advice would be to not stress the little things, let them win your battles sometimes when it doesn't matter but make sure you win the ones that do.