I would give him money

NeedMoreEmo said:
McDonalds isn't exactly a palace but they're not gonna let some hobo with no hygeine and no fixed residence work there.

I've never seen a homeless guy swigging beer, resting his feet up with a joint and without a care in the world. And it's not generations, people don't grow up homeless and stay homeless forever. :)

You know what? I don't care. Really I don't........... palace or not, there are restaurants around here that have outreach programs to get these people back on their feet again, regardless of where they do or don't live.

It's a broader issue than hobos and bums- the welfare parents that refuse to quit breeding more mouths to feed, the mommies that trade their food stamps for drugs, the street kids that have kids; we get to take care of all of them in one way or another, and I'm sorry, it's bullshit.

I'm done.

fuck 'em.. I already pay for social programs (thru taxes), they can get on them.. When it comes down to it, anyone that is homeless, is homeless because of themselves.. no one else to blame.. Day labor is always hiring.. How do you think mexicans pay their bills?

SpangeMonkee said:
fuck 'em.. I already pay for social programs (thru taxes), they can get on them.. When it comes down to it, anyone that is homeless, is homeless because of themselves.. no one else to blame.. Day labor is always hiring.. How do you think mexicans pay their bills?

ya need a home to get on those social programs

I've seen Mexicans that had jobs as labors that lived at camp grounds or fields until they had enough cash to get an apartment that was 10 by 10 so 50 of them could squish in there.

b_sinning said:
My wife keeps a few coats in her trunk for situations like that. If they say they are cold and need money my wife just gives them a coat. And if they ask for money for food she just gives them food. I've been trying to warn her to be careful but she never listens. Anyways.

i think that's really nice of your wife. :cool: gesture

SpangeMonkee said:

except for the fact many of them have mental illnesses, disabilities, injured on the job, etc... Day labor isn't hiring people with disabilities and mental issues.

Almost all of these people living on the streets have mental disabilities. Do you think anyone in their right mind would willingly chose to nearly freeze to death while living on sewer greats on the street?

Sure there are some ripping off the system, but most arn't.