I work for one of the most ethical companies.......and yet

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0
Here I am, a sunny Friday morning, completing a job transfer that has been wrought with petty managerial posturing, attempts to delay (well, that WAS successful as it took 3 months to complete this ordeal) my move, holding back of reimbursements, etc, and I get this tripe email in my inbox......... WHAT. A. JOKE. :fly: Oh well, I guess, a paycheck IS a paycheck.

A company's track record for integrity is a difficult thing to measure. And, because of this, we rarely see headlines highlighting a company for its good ethical behavior. Today, I am happy to share a headline that does actually acknowledge companies for good ethical behavior -- and recognizes Moon as one of the best of the best.

Moon has been named by Ethisphere Magazine as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies", recognizing our commitment to ethical leadership and corporate social responsibility. Ethisphere is a one of the leading publications focused on the fast evolving area of corporate compliance and ethics. Over 5,000 companies were evaluated across 30 industries and less than 100 were selected for the list. Moon not only made the list, but was top in our industry and one of only 20 companies out of the 5,000 to be given the added "Ethics Inside Certified" designation for being able to provide affirmative anecdotal and real evidence about our leading edge internal efforts to promote ethical behavior by employees.

In addition to being listed as one of the most ethical companies, Moon also received one of only five "A" grades for its Standards of Business Conduct. Ethisphere commented that Moon's Standards of Business Conduct "Clearly outshines other codes."

While it is great for Moon to be recognized for high integrity at a time when many companies are being highlighted for ethical lapses, we all understand that our efforts in this area are not really about being selected for lists or awards. Ethical leadership has always been a key element of Moon's culture and that is largely driven by the tone at the top. Over the years, Moon's senior management team has consistently demonstrated a strong commitment to preserving Moon's reputation for integrity.

Of course, Moon wouldn't have such a great reputation without the continued efforts by each and every one of you. Your ongoing commitment in this area is one of the things that has remained constant during the changes the company has seen over the years. Let's stay focused on building on that commitment going forward and maintain Moon's reputation for integrity.

Make no mistake that the CEO would kill you and sleep with your spouse/significant other at the drop of a hat if given the opportunity. You need to watch CEO's like a hawk at all times.

Make no mistake that the CEO would kill you and sleep with your spouse/significant other at the drop of a hat if given the opportunity. You need to watch CEO's like a hawk at all times.

Very true. The current crop of top level management are extremely odd both in motives and personality.

But apparently, very ethical.