I wonder how the Trekkies are taking it ...

Dude! It says he and his partner have been together for 18 years. How was this a secret?

*shrug* Not like I care or anything...but it does remind me of a story a...family member of mine wrote about in which Sulu was portrayed as bisexual, being put in charge of the care of a female prisoner, and he did a dance being all excited about "I gots me a girl!" :fly:

I can't look at anything linked in here. For the last three days any links I have clicked on, in the forums or out of emails, have locked up my computer so that I have to End Task to get it unstuck. That sucks.

On Topic: I used to love Star Trek and wish I could read this article. :fly:

Nyx said:
*shrug* Not like I care or anything...but it does remind me of a story a...family member of mine wrote about in which Sulu was portrayed as bisexual, being put in charge of the care of a female prisoner, and he did a dance being all excited about "I gots me a girl!" :fly:
Holy crap, you have a relative that writes Star Trek fanfic? You need to post some of that. I bet its comedy gold.

theacoustician said:
Holy crap, you have a relative that writes Star Trek fanfic? You need to post some of that. I bet its comedy gold.

Comedy gold all right, but with my warped sense of humor everyone else might not consider it as funny as I do. I'll see if I can get permission to post some of them...after said family member gets out of bed for the day.

ChikkenNoodul said:
So, people are actually surprised?

It was kinda obvious.
I never really saw him outside of the show, so I never really thought about it. Was it obvious in interviews or something?

ChikkenNoodul said:
So, people are actually surprised?

It was kinda obvious.

I guess that was my point about asking how it was a secret. Seemed like he wasn't too concerned with people knowing, he just didn't care to talk about it.