I went with the Springfield XD...

Galen said:
How is the police force there? I believe that regardless of police coverage, I would still feel unsafe in a large city. Not to the point of paranoia, but always that little nagging doubt in the back of my mind.
It's not what I think. It's what _they_ think. The belief that everything can be solved by police and no one should take an active role in their own well being. Nanny state stuff.

Im all for guns obviously. ^__^

FlamingGlory said:
Maiming implies that you don't think they are a threat to your life. If someone is not a threat to your life the general standard is that you should run away....

I just wrote someone an essay more or less on this topic :(

Funny how more people are killed in large populated areas than more rural parts of the country.

edit: My point being that self-defense laws should be more in favor of those living in densely populated areas than not.

KNYTE said:
Funny how more people are killed in large populated areas than more rural parts of the country.

Heavy populations and close proximity to one another breeds feelings of anger and claustrophobia. Country bumpkins only kill each other for their women and booze.

Sarcasmo said:
Very nice choice for a carry weapon. I'm assuming that's what you got it for?

Occasional carry and just recreation, yes.

My only concern initially between .40 and 9mm was cost, and when I found that on average .40 is only $1 or $2 more per box than 9mm I was sold on it. The recoil with the XD is extremely light, it feels even lighter than some of the 9mm's that I've shot in the past.

KNYTE said:
Occasional carry and just recreation, yes.

My only concern initially between .40 and 9mm was cost, and when I found that on average .40 is only $1 or $2 more per box than 9mm I was sold on it. The recoil with the XD is extremely light, it feels even lighter than some of the 9mm's that I've shot in the past.

40s are the best carry weapons, in my opinion. Easy to handle like you said, good knock down power, and easy to conceal. And Springfield makes a great gun. I'm waiting to pick up their 1911 full-size.

PX9154L.jpg

Sarcasmo said:
40s are the best carry weapons, in my opinion. Easy to handle like you said, good knock down power, and easy to conceal. And Springfield makes a great gun. I'm waiting to pick up their 1911 full-size.

PX9154L.jpg

I believe we looked at that gun while shopping for the XD. It is a sweet pistol and feels great to hold.

kiwi said:
I believe we looked at that gun while shopping for the XD. It is a sweet pistol and feels great to hold.

You are a woman after my own heart. Run away with me.

It took a moment to get used to that beavertail grip safety, but then it just felt really comfortable in my hand and I didn't want to put it back down.

While it would be nice to own a gun, I would never carry it with me. I'd end up shooting myself somehow.

I'd rather cap a bunch of fools with paintballs. That way you can shoot your buddy in the face and then go out drinking after you're done.

theacoustician said:
While it would be nice to own a gun, I would never carry it with me. I'd end up shooting myself somehow.

I'd rather cap a bunch of fools with paintballs. That way you can shoot your buddy in the face and then go out drinking after you're done.

You don't need guns of any kind. Ever.

Sarcasmo said:
You don't need guns of any kind. Ever.

Look what happened to SpringField when they outlawed guns. All of those zombie cowboys (and one German Colonel) got up out of the cemetery and put the whole town under the gun.

Guns save peoples lives from zombies, period.

:)

theacoustician said:

Only idiots shoot themselves.