I went with the Springfield XD...

Galen said:
:(
I resent the liberal stereotype. I'm a grassroots Conservative party member and have been for a while, my outlook is classical liberalism (thatcherite conservatism). I just don't see how guns are intertwined with "Republican Party" conservatism and thus, you're a LIBERAL if you hate them!
Guns = freedom

Anyone opposed to freedom is automatically a 'commie/pinko/liberal' in the US, even if the label doesn't make sense.

Plus, we all know that liberals are pansies and people that hate guns are pansies.

Galen said:
You'd shoot someone? Personally, I'd rather stab them with a knitting needle in the gut.

But if they lived they'd just sue you. If you are going to stop a thief or attacker the only way to do it is to make sure they are dead.

kiwi said:
But if they lived they'd just sue you. If you are going to stop a thief or attacker the only way to do it is to make sure they are dead.
As someone who has dedicated my life to helping others, I certainly don't plan to kill anyone.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Guns = freedom

Anyone opposed to freedom is automatically a 'commie/pinko/liberal' in the US, even if the label doesn't make sense.

Plus, we all know that liberals are pansies and people that hate guns are pansies.
Thank you ChikkenNoodul, you make everything so understandable

Drool-Boy said:
Hell yeah, if some fucker was in my house stealing my shit Id have no reservations whatsoever about putting a hole in the fucker.
But then Im kinda nasty that way:fly:
Just as long as he doesn't touch the pope hat from ebay!

Galen said:
As someone who has dedicated my life to helping others, I certainly don't plan to kill anyone.

I don't plan on killing anyone either, but if someone threatens my family I'll be giving him or her a rectal exam with my hedge clippers.

Galen said:

I don't either, but if someone is ever coming after me or my family, you better believe I will do whatever it takes to protect them.

kiwi said:
I don't either, but if someone is ever coming after me or my family, you better believe I will do whatever it takes to protect them.
I understand what you mean, really. I could maim though, maiming's good.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well you don't PLAN on it, you hope to not have to.

But the criminals will always have guns, so you protect yourself equally if not better then them.
Well, society here is not as violent as in the US but faced with the situations you guys deal with in large cities, I'd have to agree.

Galen said:
now that sound painful!

I accidentally put a small crochet hook in my leg once (the hook end, it was on the floor and I rolled over onto it). It was also quite painful. Luckily no major damage was done and my dad was able to get the crochet hook out without it breaking off in my leg. That's kinda like a knitting needle.

Galen said:
Well, society here is not as violent as in the US but faced with the situations you guys deal with in large cities, I'd have to agree.

Great Britain? You have some violent fuckers over there.

smileynev said:
Great Britain? You have some violent fuckers over there.
There is in Great Britain, but not so much here in Ireland. There's a lot of drugs bollox in Dublin but as long as they kill each other it's fine by me.

kiwi said:
I accidentally put a small crochet hook in my leg once (the hook end, it was on the floor and I rolled over onto it). It was also quite painful. Luckily no major damage was done and my dad was able to get the crochet hook out without it breaking off in my leg. That's kinda like a knitting needle.
Ouch! Knitting needles just seem so firm and vulger, hence why they'd make a good weapon. at least in my mind :p

Galen said:
I understand what you mean, really. I could maim though, maiming's good.
Maiming implies that you don't think they are a threat to your life. If someone is not a threat to your life the general standard is that you should run away. It also carries huge liabilities in civil court.

Most places in the US it is legal to shoot someone if they enter your home illegally and in some places if they trespass on your land. The standard is essentially if someone is invading your home they may not intend to kill you but you are in fear of your life automatically. Trespassing is more indistinct and has it's basis in property damage.

Actually you are not better off with a gun in large cities as they have 'enlightened' laws with respect self defense. Essentially, you are not allowed to hurt someone more than it takes to flee them. For some reason the left wing of american politics thinks that just because you live in a populated area the police are always accessible.

I just wrote someone an essay more or less on this topic :(

FlamingGlory said:
Maiming implies that you don't think they are a threat to your life. If someone is not a threat to your life the general standard is that you should run away. It also carries huge liabilities in civil court.

Most places in the US it is legal to shoot someone if they enter your home illegally and in some places if they trespass on your land. The standard is essentially if someone is invading your home they may not intend to kill you but you are in fear of your life automatically. Trespassing is more indistinct and has it's basis in property damage.

Actually you are not better off with a gun in large cities as they have 'enlightened' laws with respect self defense. Essentially, you are not allowed to hurt someone more than it takes to flee them. For some reason the left wing of american politics thinks that just because you live in a populated area the police are always accessible.

I just wrote someone an essay more or less on this topic :(
How is the police force there? I believe that regardless of police coverage, I would still feel unsafe in a large city. Not to the point of paranoia, but always that little nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

FlamingGlory said:
Believe it or not, in extraordinarily liberal Boston self-defense seems to be respected. There is a 'castle law' in effect in MA.