I was shocked to find out...

Don't feel too bad, according to news reports yesterday, Chicago has the highest average gas prices in the country. Yesterday our average price was $2.91 for the cheap stuff, and we are expected to see a $0.15-.20 increase this week because of Katrina. The state is still refusing to offer a tax holiday for consumers, as we are hit with state, county and city taxes on gas.

Today the cheapest gas I saw was $2.93 and I'm in the suburbs :(

zengirl said:
Don't feel too bad, according to news reports yesterday, Chicago has the highest average gas prices in the country. Yesterday our average price was $2.91 for the cheap stuff, and we are expected to see a $0.15-.20 increase this week because of Katrina. The state is still refusing to offer a tax holiday for consumers, as we are hit with state, county and city taxes on gas.

Today the cheapest gas I saw was $2.93 and I'm in the suburbs :(
Ouch, and I thought the $2.99 I saw by my new house on Sunday was bad, I paid $2.87 for 93 this morning in Mass :(

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ouch, and I thought the $2.99 I saw by my new house on Sunday was bad, I paid $2.87 for 93 this morning in Mass :(
$3.15 for 93 here... in the suburbs.

SchmilK said that downtown it's over $3.00 for the cheap stuff

took my great aunts through amish country in southern ohio yesterday, found gas for 2.44/gal. i think this is all a secret plot by the mennonites to overthrow the government. :eek:

thrawn said:
took my great aunts through amish country in southern ohio yesterday, found gas for 2.44/gal. i think this is all a secret plot by the mennonites to overthrow the government. :eek:
There are also reports stating that theres some commission investigating gas price gouging around here... but i'm just thinking to myself... corruption in Chicago?? NEVER!

You can thank our politicians directly for not forcing companies to develop alternative fuel sources or vehicles. They're profiting from us, which is a massive conflict of interest. This country needs a revolution.

GasGage.jpg

Sarcasmo said:
You can thank our politicians directly for not forcing companies to develop alternative fuel sources or vehicles. They're profiting from us, which is a massive conflict of interest. This country needs a revolution.

If it gets to the point that people start losing jobs because they can't afford to get to them the revolution concept may not be far off.

Do you think there is a group of people somewhere that just sit around and say up the prices - lower the prices. They do this all day long - even on the weekends. What a job. I wonder if they get over time?

I would hate to be the guy changing the signs at the gas station all day long.

gottoys? said:
Do you think there is a group of people somewhere that just sit around and say up the prices - lower the prices. They do this all day long - even on the weekends. What a job. I wonder if they get over time?

I would hate to be the guy changing the signs at the gas station all day long.

The girl knows too much Sarcasmo, she must be dealt with immediately.

KNYTE said:
that gas prices are going up as a result of Katrina. :rolleyes: @ OPEC
You do know how many oil rigs are in the Gulf, right?

You do realize that Katrina slammed one of those rigs and has it wedged under a bridge in Mobile, right?

You do realize that Venezula offered to up oil production to help out, and we turned them down because they like Cuba, right?

You do realize the current oil crisis isn't a supply problem, its a demand problem, right? Until the SUV driving dip shits trade in their land boats for more modest transport, no amount of oil OPEC could supply would help, since refineries can't process it fast enough. Top that with the fact that we have 18 different formulations for gas in this country, and it makes it all the worse. If we could standardize on 1 formulation of gas, you'd see something like an immediate $0.25 drop in prices.

theacoustician said:

You do realize that Katrina slammed one of those rigs and has it wedged under a bridge in Mobile, right?

You do realize that Venezula offered to up oil production to help out, and we turned them down because they like Cuba, right?

You do realize the current oil crisis isn't a supply problem, its a demand problem, right? Until the SUV driving dip shits trade in their land boats for more modest transport, no amount of oil OPEC could supply would help, since refineries can't process it fast enough. Top that with the fact that we have 18 different formulations for gas in this country, and it makes it all the worse. If we could standardize on 1 formulation of gas, you'd see something like an immediate $0.25 drop in prices.
You do realize that as long as women are driving they will be driving their bullshit SUVs, right?

theacoustician said:

[sarcasm] I realize my "bullets and video games" fund it suffering as result of gas going up. [/sarcasm]

C'mon man, give me a little credit. I made this thread, just like all of my others, purely for the entertainment of the people here.