I wanted to share this

Because we don't teach it anymore. In the first grade they were writing theses, and we can't even do that in our junior year of college. When was the last time anyone wrote a pre-grad degree thesis?

elpmis said:
why is it that more than a hundred years ago the general public wrote much better than we all can today?

100 years ago, a large portion of the population was illiterate. It was quality over quantity. Now we teach every dip that comes along and most of them half ass it.

Some linguists believe that this is simply the natural evolution of our language. Times change and as language is the soul of a culture it's expected that language will change along with our society.

Perhaps the writing is exactly why I wasn't moved. It was extremely longwinded. It seems to me that the guy could have said what he needed to say in half the time and it still would have been beautiful. I got bored with it. I hope Dan never send me a letter like that.

eileenbunny said:
Perhaps the writing is exactly why I wasn't moved. It was extremely longwinded. It seems to me that the guy could have said what he needed to say in half the time and it still would have been beautiful. I got bored with it. I hope Dan never send me a letter like that.
Sup Bitch,

Gonna pop me some towelheads, don't sell the Mustang.

Luv, Sugarbutt.

BeeRad said:
seriously, man all I have to say to this is...

Bwhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahah
lol bwhahahahahahaha:fly: :fly: :fly:
if I have a girl at home when I get deployed I'm so writing a letter like that :lol: