i want to eat your stool

Or just for some good ole' foot stompin', may I suggest a little Muddy Waters.

In specific the 'Blue Brothers' routine (see the movie).

Nothin' better than:

Six and two is eight, eight and two is ten
She double crossed you one time
and she gonna do it again.

Come on, baby don't you want to go
To the same old place, sweet home Chicago

Sweet Home Chicago by Robert Johnson.

music, that is. i am really in the mood lately for stuff like "sittin' on the dock of the bay," and stuff like that. i don't know much about that genre really and would love some help finding some really good songs like that. (is that even soul?) i need some old fashioned soul/funk/bluesy stuff. anyone catching what i'm poorly trying to ask for? can anyone help me?

Bwhahahahahaha, Otis Redding

That is my ALL time favorite song, well that and Suzie Q

seriously, you me hubby, triangle

I know you are looking for some soul to listen to but CCR is good with what ever mood you are in. I am sure you already know that but it gives an idea for something to listen to.

john legend would prob be considered "neo-soul".. but his sound, vibe, voice, etc are simply fantastic IMO.. my wife and I danced to one of his songs for our wedding and then for our six mo. anniv he was at the tampa theater and we got to sit front row.. got up and danced in the aisle during our song.. my only concern was that simeon rice, sitting behind us, would break me in two bec i was blocking his view..

sorry for the sap story..

and amos lee is no relation to tori amos.. unclear whether you got that..

i just got the new (well, 6 months old) Robin Thicke.. really really good.. soothing..

i will check john boy out and OMG i TOTALLY misread amos lee...i have no idea how...i did wonder how tori amos was in the genre i am looking for. :fly: :eek: thanks for correcting that!!!
and robin thicke is another name i've heard of but don't know.

thanks to all for the suggestions.

Bwhahahahahaha, Otis Redding

That is my ALL time favorite song, well that and Suzie Q

seriously, you me hubby, triangle

I know you are looking for some soul to listen to but CCR is good with what ever mood you are in. I am sure you already know that but it gives an idea for something to listen to.

redding's "...dock..." does something to me every time i hear it. it is amazing how music can affect me. :heart: i'll inform spange that we will have a visitor in the bedroom from time to time. :D

and ccr is a definite favorite of mine. ol' john has a unique voice that is stimulating, and ccr is a love of mine because it reminds me of my father, one of my heroes. :heart:

Or just for some good ole' foot stompin', may I suggest a little Muddy Waters.

In specific the 'Blue Brothers' routine (see the movie).

Nothin' better than:

Six and two is eight, eight and two is ten
She double crossed you one time
and she gonna do it again.

To the same old place, sweet home Chicago

Sweet Home Chicago by Robert Johnson.

we do that song in my band...one of the few that our female background singer does

redding's "...dock..." does something to me every time i hear it. it is amazing how music can affect me. :heart: i'll inform spange that we will have a visitor in the bedroom from time to time. :D

and ccr is a definite favorite of mine. ol' john has a unique voice that is stimulating, and ccr is a love of mine because it reminds me of my father, one of my heroes. :heart:

not in the bedroom, just for conversations, haha

CCR reminds me of my dad too and whenever I hear it when I am out I usually call him to say hi. We dont have a great relationship so CCR always reminds me of the good times.

He is actually making me a copy of, now I dont know if you would like it but its old 50 and 60s stuff. Basically he got a list of top hits for each week of each year and he has made a compilation using his records and mp3 stuff. If you like old style music such as that Ill get a list and if you want it have him burn another copy. It is a huge collection though so I would just have him burn them to a dvd or two.

not in the bedroom, just for conversations, haha

CCR reminds me of my dad too and whenever I hear it when I am out I usually call him to say hi. We dont have a great relationship so CCR always reminds me of the good times.

He is actually making me a copy of, now I dont know if you would like it but its old 50 and 60s stuff. Basically he got a list of top hits for each week of each year and he has made a compilation using his records and mp3 stuff. If you like old style music such as that Ill get a list and if you want it have him burn another copy. It is a huge collection though so I would just have him burn them to a dvd or two.

that is awesome! i'd LOVE to have a copy!! i've been recently wanting to hear 96 tears by ? and the mysterians, and i want to further expand my collection of southern rock. i'm sure your dad's collection has some southern rock in it, right? :drool:
thank you for the offer!!

Oh great thread.

I was listening to that song just this morning on my way to work. I've totally been in a mood lately and this is the type of music I've been wanting. This thread delivers the goods!! Thanks Thorn

:heart: Miss you!

that is awesome! i'd LOVE to have a copy!! i've been recently wanting to hear 96 tears by ? and the mysterians, and i want to further expand my collection of southern rock. i'm sure your dad's collection has some southern rock in it, right? :drool:
thank you for the offer!!

yeah, ever since I showed him how to actually use a computer he has been going nuts with music, lol

His old cd (store bought) collection is upwards in the 8 or 9 thousand. He has a walk in closet dedicated to his old vinyl, lol.

As soon as he makes me a copy Ill get my mom to mail a copy (i hate mailing shit) :fly:

yeah, ever since I showed him how to actually use a computer he has been going nuts with music, lol

His old cd (store bought) collection is upwards in the 8 or 9 thousand. He has a walk in closet dedicated to his old vinyl, lol.

As soon as he makes me a copy Ill get my mom to mail a copy (i hate mailing shit) :fly:

i'd really appreciate a collection like that, both for music and effort put into that. i've been trying to figure out a collection method for myself. i keep trying to make myself all modern and mainstream, but i keep wanting to go back to good ol' cds, nice and easy. :hs:

Oh great thread.

I was listening to that song just this morning on my way to work. I've totally been in a mood lately and this is the type of music I've been wanting. This thread delivers the goods!! Thanks Thorn

:heart: Miss you!

DITTO!! weren't you supposed to be finding a home down here? :hs:

we do that song in my band...one of the few that our female background singer does

Just for a comment about oldies and such:

I was the stage manager at my college for Chuck Berry's first comeback tour.

Nothin' compares to the old raw stuff:

Watchin' Chuck do his walking-crawl around the stage while singing 'Maybellene' and 'Johnny B. Goode', was something else.

'Course, in those days it was popular and expected for the guests to party afterward with the crew (this was the 70's after all, snort... wheeze).

Last edited:
i'd really appreciate a collection like that, both for music and effort put into that. i've been trying to figure out a collection method for myself. i keep trying to make myself all modern and mainstream, but i keep wanting to go back to good ol' cds, nice and easy. :hs:

Honestly he just looked up all the top 100 for each week for each year starting 1950 and I think he is on 1962 now or something. It gives him something extra to do at nights since they are home bodies. Took him the last about 2 years to do what hes done so far.