Movie I want to be a movie extra

Black Manta

Flaccid Member
Jun 15, 2007
Marklar
₥0
The Avengers is going to be filmed in Cleveland. Mid-July they are having extra cast. I grew up reading the comic book. I feel like my whole life has brought me to this point.

I have no experience with this. We're supposed to show up in business attire. Does anyone have any knowlegde about this process that could help me?

You show up, you line up. They are picking out scenery. It's only like $40.

If you lived in NY they have a few of them a week in the summer.

Last edited:
You do realize an extra means you're just going to be in the crowd in the background right? With the population of Cleveland now, everyone can do it.

pretty much. now if it is a minor movie sometimes the director will ad lib things and give you a speaking role or murmur lines to say in the background.

I'm currently helping a friend do his indepentant movie and he does that all the time. alotta reshoots and yelling is standard.

also hope that none of the stars are assholes enough to cause multiple scene reshoots.

and most important...Don't look at the camera!

I hope Captain America is more like The Ultimates Cap. Hell the whole team more like The Ultimates version.

france.jpg

(Captain America responding to someone saying he should surrender in The Ultimates by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch)

Last edited:
Does anyone want to see you in a movie, though, that's the question.

I'm very cute, so yeah.

And I know it would be a background/scenery thing, but this is the Avengers. The real Avengers. Not that Spider-Man/Wolverine/Peyton Manning/Michael Jordan junk that's out now.

Meh, depending upon the scene, being an extra is very boring. Lots of standing around or doing the same thing over and over and over again. Like half of my neighbors were extras in Cry Baby because some of it was filmed in the woods behind my house growing up. I probably would have done it too except I think I had a migraine that day or something.

the general's daughter and midnight in the garden of good and evil were both filmed in savannah

the general's daughter and midnight in the garden of good and evil were both filmed in savannah

And whatever that last stupid movie Miley Cyrus did was filmed here. The golfing movie with Will Smith was partially filmed here. The Conspirator was filmed here last year. A good friend of mine ran into Justin Long, Drew Barrymore, and James McAvoy at a bar here one night and ended up meeting with them a few times while they were here for drinks. He got tons of pictures and said all three were awesome.

Last edited: