i used to think i had a drinking problem... until

that's my understanding as well... that it's the kind of drug for which a dangerous dose is too close to the effective dose to provide wiggle room for different people, situations, current health, potency etc.

when you overdid it before, what caused it? did you do too much on purpose? was it a stronger batch than expected? did you drink too much?

well, it WAS in college. :fly: i don't know how much these two did, but i know it's easy to overdue. what's a cap full, anyway? :D

Ignorant people make the mistake that they don't "feel it" within 30 minutes of taking it, then take more. Then they end up passed out and unresponsive and more ignorant people freak out and take them to the hospital. That's usually how it happens.

The truth is, either don't take drugs, or do a ton of research about them and make sure that everyone else around you knows too.

that's my understanding as well... that it's the kind of drug for which a dangerous dose is too close to the effective dose to provide wiggle room for different people, situations, current health, potency etc.

when you overdid it before, what caused it? did you do too much on purpose? was it a stronger batch than expected? did you drink too much?

The dangerous amount is actually quite a bit higher than the active dose. The LD50 (kills 50% of lab rats) is about 1100mg/kg. The active dose is about 2g for the average person, so in reality a 150 pound person would need about 30 doses to die. Keep in mind that the liver processes it all in 2-4 hours, so thats 30 doses in that timeframe...

And finally, GHB (yes, ACTUAL GHB) is legal and marketed for narcalapsy. The brand name is Xyrem.

The dangerous amount is actually quite a bit higher than the active dose. The LD50 (kills 50% of lab rats) is about 1100mg/kg. The active dose is about 2g for the average person, so in reality a 150 pound person would need about 30 doses to die. Keep in mind that the liver processes it all in 2-4 hours, so thats 30 doses in that timeframe...

And finally, GHB (yes, ACTUAL GHB) is legal and marketed for narcalapsy. The brand name is Xyrem.

spange is narcoleptic :shady:

oh, my bad. i thought it was closer to only 10.

spange is narcoleptic :shady:

but the doctors who prescribe the stuff is VERY limited. there's apparently a process doctors have to go through before they can prescribe it. i think there's even a procedure that the pharmacy has to go through before THEY can get it. serious stuff.

oh, my bad. i thought it was closer to only 10.
I had to look it up too. :D
but the doctors who prescribe the stuff is VERY limited. there's apparently a process doctors have to go through before they can prescribe it. i think there's even a procedure that the pharmacy has to go through before THEY can get it. serious stuff.

Yeah, I think even the doctor has to be approved by the DEA to prescribe it. Although I have heard rumors that docs are starting to prescribe it off label (meaning for other things than narcalepsy...) :drool:

edit: And fuck you shawn

they used to sell metric tons at gnc, entirely legally :fly:

they used to sell metric tons at gnc, entirely legally :fly:

i worked at gnc years ago, and everyone came in looking for that stuff. we didn't sell it when i worked there, which was about the time that ghb was wildly popular/abused/in the news.