I throw my middle finger up at Karma

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
So Tish and I were discussing charlie horses over dinner last night. She told me she gets them from time to time in her legs while shes sleeping for seemingly no reason. I chuckeled about this since i only get them rarely and then only while doing the horizontal mombo.
I guess that chuckle put me over the Karma edge (its been long comming). In the middle of the night, my calf muscle decided to try and liberate itself from my leg. Oh dear god did it hurt, and still hurts now.

WTF causes this shit?

Muscle spasam that causes involuntary contraction, and the muscle cannot relax. Usually occurs when the muscle is overworked or stressed, such as when working out. Dehydration and lack of potassium can increase the risk. As for why people get them at night in the middle of sleeping, not sure. Maybe during your dream your body is physically responding, and when your leg muscle tightens up, it ends up spasaming.

Last edited:
Some people here are familiar with my allergies, and how when I get a bad attack, I'll sneeze a bazillion times. Well, I once had an attack where I sneezed so many times, and so forcefully, that I gave myself a charley horse in my chest. That sucked. The whole rest of the day it felt like someone had hit me in the pecs with a bat.

kittens.jpg

I've always been more prone to charlie horses when I haven't exercised in a long time. Then they seem to get triggered by an unusual twist or bend...usually in the hamstring or calf muscle.

mmmm, ham and veal.

I also get them in my calf muscles randomly at night. Not tons, less than half a dozen a year. I had one last week though. My feet also cramp up all the time if I point my toes, but luckily that only seems to be when I'm pregnant so it will go away soon.