Ontopic I thought that ....

Something makes me think you don't know what progressivism is. Especially if you are going to link GWB to progressivism. Besides there's nothing wrong with progressivism, it's what has given you your freedom.

If you're saying the Founding Fathers were progressive.......maybe, but not really, regardless, they are counter to what "progressives" consider themselves as being today.

If you're saying the Founding Fathers were progressive.......maybe, but not really, regardless, they are counter to what "progressives" consider themselves as being today.

Well yeah they were progressives.

But the main thing people must think of when thinking about progressivism is things like libraries, education and the increasing standards, roads, ever evolving safefty stardards, human rights. Etc etc etc...

The other thing to be aware of is that progressivism isn't a label that belongs to any one political group. Practically all the parties have been progressive in areas that appeal to them or their agenda.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Well yeah they were progressives.

But the main thing people must think of when thinking about progressivism is things like libraries, education and the increasing standards, roads, ever evolving safefty stardards, human rights. Etc etc etc...

The other thing to be aware of is that progressivism isn't a label that belongs to any one political group. Practically all the parties have been progressive in areas that appeal to them or their agenda.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

I suggest you go do some reading. The Progressives didn't appear until well after the Revolutionary War Generation was dead. The best way to describe their political philosophy is Classical Liberalism (as in liberty). The man with the biggest influence was George Whitefield (The First Great Awakening), next would be Edmund Burke. The U.S. Revolution was about individual freedom were as the French Revolution about collective freedom. This is why both Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine initially supported the French Revolution until they saw their error of their ways by understanding the differences of the two revolutions. By the way Paine was nearly killed in France over his political views because they clashed with Robespierre’s political views.

The first progressives were Germans like Marx, Engels, Nietzsche, e cetera. The way progressivism came to America was through education. Initially U.S. universities and colleges did not have any PhD programs. Therefore U.S. citizens had to go to Europe in order to get their PhD degrees.

You are right that progressivism has infected both parties whether it’s McCain, Pelosi, Woodrow Wilson, both Roosevelts, e cetera.