I think my Dr might be on crack...

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
I went to the Dr. ( not my regular one, but one in the same practice) yesterday because I had felt like crap for the last few days. Ends up I have a sinus infection and Bronchitis, so he prescribes me 2 meds, an antibiotic and some sort of syrup stuff.
My husband brings the medicine home from the pharmacy last night and I pulled out the gigantic bottle of pills and take one. Next I get out the cough syrup and right on the bottle its says in big capital letters "DO NOT TAKE IF PREGNANT." So I am like wtf am I suppose to take it or not? It was too late to call the Dr's office last night so I just called this morning. I get the receptionist and tell her about the medicine and she says "Does he know your pregnant?" and I said yeah, I think so. And she say's "how far along are you?" and I am like 8 1/2 months. She gets a funny sound in her voice and is like oh... I will have the Dr call you as soon as I can.

WTF, if he didn't notice I was prego, or couldn't tell when I asked questions about my pre-natal vitamins, how on earth did he get through med school... :confused:

on he bright side you obviously won't have a problem getting back into shape after you have the baby if no one can tell you are going to have one. :)

My doctor has ADD. You can actually see his attention wondering as your describing your symptoms so you have to force him to pay attention. He's close to retirememnt and I think he's getting senile too. He's good about prescribing painkillers for anything is the only reason I ever visit him. "What you're here for a physical? You need some hydrocodone too?"

My wife brought in our 1 year old daughter to urgent care one night because she wasn't feeling well. I think she had an ear infection or something. The doctor on call asked if she had been complaining about an upset stomache or nausea.

smileynev said:
My wife brought in our 1 year old daughter to urgent care one night because she wasn't feeling well. I think she had an ear infection or something. The doctor on call asked if she had been complaining about an upset stomache or nausea.
Well had she?

Oh! Oh! Malpractice suit!!!!!!!!! Help pay to birth the youngin' :D

all my antibiotics have said that. I asked the pharmacist about it and she said it was fine. I think it's just to cover their ass if your baby ends up with 3 heads or something.
but better to call and make sure.