I think it got a little too hot......

ChikkenNoodul said:
Damn, that's a lotta RAM

Both systems are pretty slick, the one advantage I see IBM having hardware-wise is the shared I/O cage among all LPAR's, whereas the Sun requires individual I/O boards for each domain. I think it's quite a bit easier to set the Sun system up though...

Yeah it is; I don't know if they've found supply on 2gb dimms yet, but when they do, 576gb of ram :drool:

I thought there was supposed to be some sort of data-transfer speed advantage to our setup?? :confused:

BigDov said:
Yeah it is; I don't know if they've found supply on 2gb dimms yet, but when they do, 576gb of ram :drool:

I thought there was supposed to be some sort of data-transfer speed advantage to our setup?? :confused:
Oh probably, I don't get involved with performance testing between the two too often.

I just know that both are more than fast enough for our customers :fly:

Tens of thousands of I/O's per second :drool:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh probably, I don't get involved with performance testing between the two too often.

I just know that both are more than fast enough for our customers :fly:

Tens of thousands of I/O's per second :drool:

"Tens of thousands of I/O's per second :drool: " pretty much sums it up, no matter who's server it is :lol:

BigDov said:

2GB dimms are in the works!