WTF I think I may be coming round to the American way of thinking

What's the difference?

Unemployment is if you were involuntarily relinguished from your job. It's about 200$ or so a week. The funds come from an insurance the company pays for each payroll run aka SUI.

Social Security is paid for by the employee and the company as a mandated tax. It's supposed to be there for you when you're disabled or old. Chances are, it will be depleated by the time we are old enough

Food stamps and welfare is a government thang that many people abuse. I'm not sure how it works tho. I know if you're a low income mother the govt will pay for formula and such.

If you're not working and not white they give you cash.

Now, Brent, that just isn't true. A chick from my High School is on welfare and she is in fact white. And she has 4 kids. That we are all paying for.

So should you meet her, you should tell her children that you are their father in a way.

We do need to stop the handouts and better our culture with self responsibility. There were actually people out there that believed voting Obama in office would get them free homes and cars. :waw: it was some news story I heard and still giggle about.