I suck tremendously

I had NO defense except a machine gun nest which watched it roll right by.

"Hey Frank, what the hell is that thing?"

"I don't know Bobby. Maybe some kinda new fangled communications device from the front lines? Those boys in Washington are always coming up with new stuff."

*picks toenails*

I only saw it at all because I scrolled down to my base to select an engineer unit and set them to work. There it was, rattling on in like it owned the place, and then BOOOM my supply depot was gone. It was like two minutes into the game. That's why I said the friggin' computer cheats. After that it was minefield and barbed wire central.

The Axis makes them using bunkers, which they start skirmishes off with. It's not hard to make them and it's really not hard to destroy them. A single rifleman squad can blow it up.

The Axis makes them using bunkers, which they start skirmishes off with. It's not hard to make them and it's really not hard to destroy them. A single rifleman squad can blow it up.

NOW you tell me. Next you're going to tell me to go through the tutorial.

I played as the Nazis once and chose the Defensive specialty. If you had someone who was good at that playing against your strat you'd be in for a bashing.

Granted, Defensive specialty sucks on the offensive (lol big surprise). But if done properly it can be devastating. My usual method was to force them into choke points by either heavily mining other routes (and defending them with snipers to prevent engineers from cleaning it up) or my personal favorite was forcing them to use one and only one bridgehead.

Wait for an assault, they all get blown to hell, and then you launch a counter-offensive. The computer isn't very deft at handling this it seems. If you do it right you can punch straight through to their base. Thus while you're building replenishments for lost forces they're just trying to keep their base alive.

Essentially, if you get into their base, you've won the game.

While true there's still a counter to that. Sniper in to the base and just drop anti-tank and airborne there. Or if a teammate has infantry class, he just spy planes it and you drop everything there. Easily bypasses a lot of stuff and if place correctly, out of the defensive permiter of the defensive setup. Not saying it's easy, but it makes the person think twice about attacking you thus giving you a chance to build your tanks up to do another offensive with mine cleaners.

I had NO defense except a machine gun nest which watched it roll right by.

"Hey Frank, what the hell is that thing?"

"I don't know Bobby. Maybe some kinda new fangled communications device from the front lines? Those boys in Washington are always coming up with new stuff."

*picks toenails*

I only saw it at all because I scrolled down to my base to select an engineer unit and set them to work. There it was, rattling on in like it owned the place, and then BOOOM my supply depot was gone. It was like two minutes into the game. That's why I said the friggin' computer cheats. After that it was minefield and barbed wire central.

Even just the defense that is setup from the beginning can stop those things (unless it's human controlled, then it might bypass them)

Even just the defense that is setup from the beginning can stop those things (unless it's human controlled, then it might bypass them)

Well they didn't. The machine gun nest was the one that spawned there to start with. It rolled right past. Completely within it's field of fire, which covered the entire eastern entrance to my base. I mean I saw it roll right past the thing. :iono:

While true there's still a counter to that. Sniper in to the base and just drop anti-tank and airborne there. Or if a teammate has infantry class, he just spy planes it and you drop everything there. Easily bypasses a lot of stuff and if place correctly, out of the defensive permiter of the defensive setup. Not saying it's easy, but it makes the person think twice about attacking you thus giving you a chance to build your tanks up to do another offensive with mine cleaners.

That's why I prefer playing maps with bridges, that way I can completely control what goes into and out of my territory. In that instance the only chance an attacking army would have would be in using artillery exhaustively, but doing such would take either a long time to do properly or putting said artillery at great risk of bring captured.

I also toss in minor checkpoints behind my lines with at least a bunker. This keeps the chances of having a spy plane scout the area and drop in airborne much less effective.

Edit: In general I'd rather just spend all my time building an awesome defense thats nearly impossible to beat and wait till they give up :)

Last edited:
That reminds me, it is completely awesome how you can capture enemy weaponry and such. Great feature.

Can you turn off the point thing? Or rather, in the full retail version is there a battle mode where you can just duke it out for hours with no risk of points winding down? When I have time limits I really suck. I'd rather play it like a chess match.

That reminds me, it is completely awesome how you can capture enemy weaponry and such. Great feature.

Can you turn off the point thing? Or rather, in the full retail version is there a battle mode where you can just duke it out for hours with no risk of points winding down? When I have time limits I really suck. I'd rather play it like a chess match.

You can do a regular skirmish and just fight until they're all dead. That's how I perfected my defensive strategy, especially on the map with the bridges separating the two sides.

You think you hate Flak 88s? Wait till you see what happens when a column of tanks faces off with 10 of them in near point blank combat. Lets just say the Allies would need a nearby Ironworks to break through the defensive lines you can set up on bridgehead maps if they go the armor route.

Yes, there's two options in multiplayer (and skirmish as well). Point system and total annihilation.

That's why I prefer playing maps with bridges, that way I can completely control what goes into and out of my territory. In that instance the only chance an attacking army would have would be in using artillery exhaustively, but doing such would take either a long time to do properly or putting said artillery at great risk of bring captured.

:lol:

Well I could hold anyone if I just had a map with only two bridges. Setup 15 Anti-Tank Guns at each and 4 Machine gun Nests.

I borrowed Anus 1701 and will install tonite.

1964559ef5b26bd0.gif

What's this now?