I solve problems - A job idea by KNYTE

distortedmind said:
i come home from work one day to find dr00l boy has broken into my house, smoked all my weed and pooped up my walls. the vast expenditure of poop has tired poor dr00l out, and he is lying in a foetal position, comatose, in the corner of the room. What do I do and how do I get stoned ??

You feed me beers untill I regain conciousness then we go out to score more weed

distortedmind said:
i come home from work one day to find dr00l boy has broken into my house, smoked all my weed and pooped up my walls. the vast expenditure of poop has tired poor dr00l out, and he is lying in a foetal position, comatose, in the corner of the room. What do I do and how do I get stoned ??
'pooped up my walls' :lol:

fly said:
You're in a Santa suit. A sexy lil 7 year-old trollup hops on your lap. As you start to wood up, you realize its Easter. What do you do?

Do what feels natural. If the police or FBI feel otherwise that's something they should work out on their own.

gottoys? said:
Knyte -
What kind of tech work do you do anyway? Would you relocate?

Desktop/LAN support for now. Yes, I'd relocate if my so-called "financial lifestyle" wasn't impacted on pay switch-over.

FlamingGlory said:
A, B, and C are to fight a three-cornered pistol duel. All know that A's chance of hitting his target is 0.3, C's is 0.5, and B never misses.

They are to fire at their choice of target in succession in the order A, B, C, cyclically (but a hit man loses further turns and is no longer shot at) until only one man is left.

What should A's strategy be?

Show up 15 minutes late after one of them has already been killed, then turn and fire at 6 paces instead of 10. FTW.

distortedmind said:

Find a compressed air can and suck the CO2 out of it. Stoned issue solved.

To punish Drool you should rub his face in it, literally.

You're 275ft below the surface inside a wreck in the open ocean. Your twin 108cuft tanks of 18/35 are showing 1000psi on the pressure guage, your 40cuft 80% and 40cuft 100% are tied off on the anchor line on the wreck. You've spent the last 10 minutes lost somwhere in the aft section of a sunken vessel and have finally found an exit.

Unfortunately, the viz has been reduced to about 8ft since you entered the wreck, and you have no idea where you are since you didn't come out where you went in. You search the immediate area for the anchor line, or some clue as to your whereabouts and find none. Pressure guage reads 950, now 20 minutes into the dive, tick tick tick tick.

What do you do?

ChikkenNoodul said:
You're 275ft below the surface inside a wreck in the open ocean. Your twin 108cuft tanks of 18/35 are showing 1000psi on the pressure guage, your 40cuft 80% and 40cuft 100% are tied off on the anchor line on the wreck. You've spent the last 10 minutes lost somwhere in the aft section of a sunken vessel and have finally found an exit.

Unfortunately, the viz has been reduced to about 8ft since you entered the wreck, and you have no idea where you are since you didn't come out where you went in. You search the immediate area for the anchor line, or some clue as to your whereabouts and find none. Pressure guage reads 950, now 20 minutes into the dive, tick tick tick tick.

What do you do?
follow the bubbles to the surface? and remember to leave breadcrumbs next time?

fly said:
follow the bubbles to the surface? and remember to leave breadcrumbs next time?

FTW. Also, what kind of fool goes scuba...ing without C4? Sounds like a lack of preparation to me.

KNYTE said:
FTW. Also, what kind of fool goes scuba...ing without C4? Sounds like a lack of preparation to me.
:wtf: finding the surface isn't the problem there, that's easy - just inflate your air cell and go :fly: you'll have a fun ride before you start to foam

And yeah, explosions nearby underwater = jellied organs

And fish eat breadcrumbs++

ChikkenNoodul said:

What do you do?

I love scuba diving - never was in this situation though. Sounds very interesting - hmmmm. DON'T PANIC!!! you state you found an exit so rise slowly. don't want the 'bends.

ChikkenNoodul said:

What do you do?

Follow the edge of the deck towards the front of the wreck till you find your spare air tanks.

Alternately, you drown.

Either way, the problem resolves itself, really.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Who says you're near the edge? Or that the anchor line is on the edge? :fly:

Anchor line is tied to the superstructure to avoid entanglement...

Oh, and those weren't spare tanks, those were your decompression tanks.

Well, then follow the edge of the deck till you find the superstructure. Then follwo the superstructure up until you find your line.

You should be able to do this because you studied diagrams of the ship before diving on it.

Also, isn't there some sort of pressure regulator on the high pressure tank that would allow you to recuce the pressure as you ascend? And if not, shouldn't there be?

KNYTE said:
Desktop/LAN support for now. Yes, I'd relocate if my so-called "financial lifestyle" wasn't impacted on pay switch-over.

You guys all saw him say it! Everyone start looking for jobs in warmer climates, QUICK!

This is still Kiwi, Knyte has yet to fix his computer and is just using mine. :mad:

So yeah, you're pretty much fucked. You've violated the rule of thirds and have an almost 2 hour decompression obligation that you wouldn't have enough gas for even if you had your deco tanks because you've spent way too long at 275ft and you've sized your deco tanks too small to help in any sort of contingency such as this.

You COULD survive by eking out every last breath before surfacing, IF a chopper could get there fast enough, and even then the pain would be beyond excruciating and your chances of living are slim, and if you did paralysis or other severe nerve damage would occur. But you'll be surfacing away from the anchor line in open ocean, you'd have to be extremely lucky for the boat crew to even find you in good conditions let alone some surface chop / fog.

If you took the option of wasting every last breath searching for the deco gas and found it, you'd be risking blacking out/siezures from oxygen toxicity until you hit about 70ft or so, and you'd still be bent - but not as drastically so, and you'd be on the anchor line and might even have time to send a note on a lift bag to call for a chopper / and someone to send down more tanks, in which case you'd have a pretty lasting reminder to not have such shitty planning in the future and to get better training.

itburnswhenipee said:
Well, then follow the edge of the deck till you find the superstructure. Then follwo the superstructure up until you find your line.?
Easier said then done if you're panicking :p

itburnswhenipee said:
You should be able to do this because you studied diagrams of the ship before diving on it.
?
Like someone with gas planning that poor would've had the forethought to do this ;)

itburnswhenipee said:
Also, isn't there some sort of pressure regulator on the high pressure tank that would allow you to recuce the pressure as you ascend? And if not, shouldn't there be?
I don't quite follow what you're getting at, but Boyles' Law dictates you'll be breathing less volumes of gas the higher you ascend.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Easier said then done if you're panicking :p

Like someone with gas planning that poor would've had the forethought to do this ;)

I don't quite follow what you're getting at, but Boyles' Law dictates you'll be breathing less volumes of gas the higher you ascend.

oh... so the decompression tanks have a different mixture of gasses in them... or each one has one gas and some sort of control for setting an appropriate mixture? I really have no idea why you'd need the extra tanks.

itburnswhenipee said:
oh... so the decompression tanks have a different mixture of gasses in them... or each one has one gas and some sort of control for setting an appropriate mixture? I really have no idea why you'd need the extra tanks.
Yep, different gas mixtures then what was on your back.

I mis-typed it in the original question, but the common mixes are 50% O2 / 50% N2, and 80%O2 / 20%N2 or 100% O2. These are used to significantly reduce decompression time by reducing and then eliminating the amount of nitrogen you're taking in. There are of course, many variations...

KNYTE said:
You guys all saw him say it! Everyone start looking for jobs in warmer climates, QUICK!

This is still Kiwi, Knyte has yet to fix his computer and is just using mine. :mad:

Move to houston
theres even a house for sale on my block
theres plenty of work here for tech guys & circus midgets