I screwed a pig

Back on topic, I got the pin out and took it apart. It wasn't the nylon gear I thought. The gear that runs the attachment port broke off some pieces and they got stuck and seized that gear up. Parts are ordered and on the way. Should be good as new in a couple of weeks

Back on topic, I got the pin out and took it apart. It wasn't the nylon gear I thought. The gear that runs the attachment port broke off some pieces and they got stuck and seized that gear up. Parts are ordered and on the way. Should be good as new in a couple of weeks

a couple of weeks.... thats a long time

30 dollars, and it will strengthen his beating off hand. Not everything has to be electric

Cast-Iron+Meat+Chopper+(3+lbs.+per+minute).jpg

I have one of these. It's old, though, and suffered from years of disuse, so every time I want to use it I have to grind one or two root vegetables in order to clean the rust off the die.

I have one of these. It's old, though, and suffered from years of disuse, so every time I want to use it I have to grind one or two root vegetables in order to clean the rust off the die.
Oil the die/blade when you put it back together when you're done cleaning it, it won't rust. If you know you won't be using it for a long time, use shortening.

I use mine every couple of months. I refuse to buy store bought ground beef, I'll sooner buy a cheaper pot roast and grind it myself, knowing it came from 1 cow and not potentially hundreds. The ongoing meat recall up here in canada just hammers my paranoia home even more. Oh, and I'm cheap.

Or sometimes I'll find a 50-70% off beef tenderloin at the supermarket that's going a bit gray, bring it home, cut the outside off and grind it for tenderloin hamburgers, cooked medium :drool:

Hmmm, we've never ground our own beef. Might be kinda fun.

I'll send you a pound of ground deer when I send the steaks and you guys can make deer burgers. I'm still trying to figure out how to ship USPS with dry ice. can't do Priority or flat rate. Have to do 2nd day air and mail it on a monday or tuesday. Need to figure out the price of dry ice and price to ship and I'll let you know the cost.

I'll send you a pound of ground deer when I send the steaks and you guys can make deer burgers. I'm still trying to figure out how to ship USPS with dry ice. can't do Priority or flat rate. Have to do 2nd day air and mail it on a monday or tuesday. Need to figure out the price of dry ice and price to ship and I'll let you know the cost.

You ever get that meat from creepster?