I saw Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...

Pandora said:
In the same breath they prolly blamed the violence of today's youth on video games. It's just easier to say that then blame themselves for poor parenting.

James and the Giant Peach was one of my favorite books as a kid BECAUSE it was so odd. Those are the best kinds of books for kids because they stretch out their mind, instead of squeezing it into a narrow little tunnel.

Exactly. Creativity comes from creative nourishment. Art, science, and stories about large floating pieces of fruit with people in them.

My son is definitely going to get his fill of that stuff.

I thought it was alright.

Personally I feel Gene Wilder made a better Willy Wonka then Johnny Depp. Where as Wilder was a more insane / evil genius Willy Wonka, Depp was just a wierd Willy Wonka.

And you know...I'm not sure if this part was true to the book or if they added it into the original movie, but this one really was missing one of my favorite lines:

"The schnozberries taste like schoznerries!"

Pandora said:
LOL it's just a funny little story about this neato pill that I ate in college once. Good times....good times. :D
I ate some Foxy once at SeaWorld. After spending anywhere from 1-4 hours (I dont really remember) sitting on the floor of the penguin exhibit, I needed to puke. I went into the bathroom, sat down, closed my eyes, and saw a floating test tube coming at me with green liquid spilling out of it.

After opening my eyes, the tiles on the floor started rising in patterns similar to the Hellraiser box. Best trip ever. My trips went downhill from there...

milkfloat said:
I ate some Foxy once at SeaWorld. After spending anywhere from 1-4 hours (I dont really remember) sitting on the floor of the penguin exhibit, I needed to puke. I went into the bathroom, sat down, closed my eyes, and saw a floating test tube coming at me with green liquid spilling out of it.

After opening my eyes, the tiles on the floor started rising in patterns similar to the Hellraiser box. Best trip ever. My trips went downhill from there...

So much has just been explained. So very, very much.

milkfloat said:

Ewww.....

I had a couple of seashells(?). No Hellraiser boxes for me! I like my happy floating strawberry. It was fun. Too bad I'm a law abiding citizen now and can't do that anymore. :(

e-dubb said:
I am such a fan of the original that I couldn't fully appreciate this one. I loved Johnny Depp, of course, but I found the oompa loompas to be annoying. I couldn't even understand the words to their songs. The children were pretty good, I especially like the adaption of Mike TV..............but, Will Wonka just isn't right without Veruca Salt's "Bad Egg" song. All in all the new version is extremely enjoyable if you can manage to set the old version aside in your mind.

OMG I completly agree. I liked it but half the time I was like...what did that Oompa Loompa say? I still love the first one.