I saw Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...

I've heard this is a must see for a whole different aspect of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (for those who have only seen the other movie)

From what I've heard, the oompa loompas have a Parliament Funkadelic style to them.
Am I right in thinking so?

Coqui said:
I've heard this is a must see for a whole different aspect of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (for those who have only seen the other movie)

From what I've heard, the oompa loompas have a Parliament Funkadelic style to them.
Am I right in thinking so?
Yeah, sorta, don't want to spoil anything though :D

I want to say it was closer to the book, I noticed Felicity Dahl was one of the producers, but it's been 20 years since I read it so I really don't know.

I am such a fan of the original that I couldn't fully appreciate this one. I loved Johnny Depp, of course, but I found the oompa loompas to be annoying. I couldn't even understand the words to their songs. The children were pretty good, I especially like the adaption of Mike TV..............but, Will Wonka just isn't right without Veruca Salt's "Bad Egg" song. All in all the new version is extremely enjoyable if you can manage to set the old version aside in your mind.

e-dubb said:
I am such a fan of the original that I couldn't fully appreciate this one. I loved Johnny Depp, of course, but I found the oompa loompas to be annoying. I couldn't even understand the words to their songs. The children were pretty good, I especially like the adaption of Mike TV..............but, Will Wonka just isn't right without Veruca Salt's "Bad Egg" song. All in all the new version is extremely enjoyable if you can manage to set the old version aside in your mind.
I've read that it is truer to the book, meaning it isn't like the old movie. Knowing that, I hope I enjoy it.

Zoe's sister comes into town on Thursday, so I think we're going to see it with her.