I rock out with my Glock out

FlyNavy said:
Interesting... I like the classic styling of the M9 though ^.^

Also:
fn_hg_p9.jpg

I've got a G19 (short barreled 9mm) that came with 2 17rnd mags. Once Clinton's "assualt weapons ban" (spit) sunset last year, I went and bought 3 factory glock 32 round mags and 2 more 17 round ones.

Yes, the 32 round mags stick out of the bottom of the gun.
No, it is not practical to carry the 32's.
Yes, they are a hell of a lot of fun at the range.

Of course, the class III stuff my dad has still trumps the pistolas.

SpyderGST said:
I've got a G19 (short barreled 9mm) that came with 2 17rnd mags. Once Clinton's "assualt weapons ban" (spit) sunset last year, I went and bought 3 factory glock 32 round mags and 2 more 17 round ones.

I still cant get post-ban mags. :mad: NY state law is an exact copy of the old federal one.

FlamingGlory said:
I still cant get post-ban mags. :mad: NY state law is an exact copy of the old federal one.

(Not familiar with the laws...) Can you own them or just not buy them? Even under the fed law, ownership wasn't illegal and the trade in pre-ban hi-cap mags was abundant (and expensive). The lift of the ban just meant sales of newly-manufactured mags was allowed to civvies again.

If you can own, do you just need to visit a gun show in another state to purchase?

SpyderGST said:
(Not familiar with the laws...) Can you own them or just not buy them? Even under the fed law, ownership wasn't illegal and the trade in pre-ban hi-cap mags was abundant (and expensive). The lift of the ban just meant sales of newly-manufactured mags was allowed to civvies again.

If you can own, do you just need to visit a gun show in another state to purchase?
I mean I can only get "hi-cap" mags manufactured before 1994. We can replace the bodies if you crush the old ones and keep them. The only problem is that there is no clarification of NY law, no one has every been prosecuted for it and the State Troopers (who are the only ones that do the firearm law enforcement) cant give you advice on what to do.

My dealer nearly shit his pants when I bought my AR-15 lower and it was engraved LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE/ONLY. :rolleyes:

FlamingGlory said:
I mean I can only get "hi-cap" mags manufactured before 1994. We can replace the bodies if you crush the old ones and keep them. The only problem is that there is no clarification of NY law, no one has every been prosecuted for it and the State Troopers (who are the only ones that do the firearm law enforcement) cant give you advice on what to do.

I guess "I can only get" means own in that sense then. Sucks. Unclear gun laws are tools of evil.

Well, feel free to visit me in Atlanta and I will take you class 3 shooting with hi-cap mags :) And that offer is good to anyone who wants to take me up on it.

SpyderGST said:
I guess "I can only get" means own in that sense then. Sucks. Unclear gun laws are tools of evil.

Well, feel free to visit me in Atlanta and I will take you class 3 shooting with hi-cap mags :) And that offer is good to anyone who wants to take me up on it.
Yes "own" sorry. I have like a box of SA80 30rnd mags for use but I'm waiting for a custom upper to be built.

If I go to Atl I shall. ThornBird is always bugging me to come visit. :cool:

SpyderGST said:

I enjoy the 19, much more comfortable than the 17. Full sized glocks are ridiculously bulky.

KNYTE said:
:eek: , I must have it!
The shop I frequent might have a Beretta rep stopping by on July 15th ("range day" or some such) so I'm looking forward to putting a few through one of those and a CX4.

What is everyone's preferred pistol defense ammo?

I personally like Hydrashok, but am trying Speer Gold Dot in the Glock 26.

I like the ergos on the CX4, I may try to get my hands on one later this year if the money works out.

KNYTE said:
What is everyone's preferred pistol defense ammo?

I personally like Hydrashok, but am trying Speer Gold Dot in the Glock 26.

I like the ergos on the CX4, I may try to get my hands on one later this year if the money works out.

220, 221...whatever it takes

Hydrashocks seem to be the most proven. Gold Dots are kinda new but look good. If you want to go with what's well proven Winchester Rangers are actually the old Black Talons.

Not having a pistol I use the one on the far right.

Picture%20006.jpg

5.56NATO FMJ 62 Grain.

why_ask_why said:
220, 221...whatever it takes

The CX4 is a modular carbine that fires most pistol rounds (9mm, .40, .45 so on). I've held one at a gun store but haven't shot one yet.

cx4-n1.gif

FlamingGlory said:
Hydrashocks seem to be the most proven. Gold Dots are kinda new but look good. If you want to go with what's well proven Winchester Rangers are actually the old Black Talons.

Not having a pistol I use the one on the far right.

Picture%20006.jpg

5.56NATO FMJ 62 Grain.

Have you messed about with the mythological EXTREME SHOCK! stuff yet? The ads say that during testing they shot down both a dragon AND a Japanese Zero with one shot.

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
Have you messed about with the mythological EXTREME SHOCK! stuff yet? The ads say that during testing they shot both a dragon AND a Japanese Zero with one shot.
:lol: No... I try to stay away from handguns because I'm not allowed to have them yet. If you want the latest gel testing on rifle rounds I have the resources but meh. :(

FlamingGlory said:
:lol: No... I try to stay away from handguns because I'm not allowed to have them yet. If you want the latest gel testing on rifle rounds I have the resources but meh. :(

They're .223 stuff is only sold to the military because in the hands of a civilian an ill-placed shot could put a hole through the center of the Earth. No shens, we'd all die.

KNYTE said:
They're .223 stuff is only sold to the military because in the hands of a civilian an ill-placed shot could put a hole through the center of the Earth. No shens, we'd all die.
OH NOZ.

That is obviously why we have to get .50BMGs out of civilian hands. You could shoot down the space shuttle.