i r sad

taivas

Erect Member
Aug 12, 2008
coffeeland
Marklar
₥82
Now this is a story all about how...

4 years or so ago, I started work as a timid 18 year old analyst at Nielsen Media Research (AKA, the company that figures out how many people are watching TV shows.) We'd recently moved to our new building, and I happened to be wandering around. In the course of my wandering, I ended up outside our datacenter. Outside the datacenter, one of the computer operators happened to be on break, and asked if they could help me (as entry-level analysts don't generally end up in that area for no reason.) I explained that I was a computer geek hobbyist and was one day hoping to work in that area. She introduced herself and we got to talking about mainframes stuff.

Long story short, she sort of became my mentor. Most of what I know about IBM mainframes, and enterprise information technology, I learned from her.

Today, she called me. I hadn't talked to her in a few months. (If you don't work at the same company, it's easy to fall out of touch.) She informed me that she'd been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, and that it's likely to be terminal.

Some of you are religious, some of you are not. Whatever you are, please keep her in your thoughts/prayers.

Geez, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they can make her comfortable and she can enjoy what time she has. You, her, and her family will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

oh jeeze dude that sucks... cant they just wack the things off and call it a day? :(

Metastatic breast cancer is stage 4 and most likely terminal. At this stage it has spread and the focus is on comfort. :(

Cancer is the gayest disease ever, aside from AIDS.

"We're sorry sir, but you just have too many cells!"

Psh. You fail at life, nature.