I need your help.

Whatever dude.

Why don't you just be the big man and leave it the fuck alone? It's fairly obviously I'm not happy about it, am fed up of it and am having a bad fucking day.

Do carry on though, exemplary behaviour from a 'man'. :)

you're the one who can't stfu. I'm more than happy to keep correcting you though. :)

Also b_sinning - what do you think to self medication as an actual form of controlling symptoms? I've been pretty much tea total for 6 months now and suffered terribly, drinking genuinely did make it okay just like anti-depressants would for someone else.

life without any vices is horrible.

The best way to self medicate is with vitamins, exercise, healthy diet, good sleep habits, and natural uppers like St John's wart.

I drink and do other things too much lately. I'm slowly trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle.

Last edited:
The best way to self medicate is with vitamins, exercise, healthy diet, good sleep habits, and natural uppers like St John's wart.

Women can't really take St John's Wart though so it's off the table.

Often (though not every day) I take: Starflower (i thinlk that's the name), gingko bilboa (on your suggestion), iron, vitamin b spectrum, cod liver oil and a couple of others which escape me right now. I've been exercising a bit, the diet has been a bit shit although getting back on track but honestly something is lacking now that I have no vices like alcohol.

I drink and do other things too much lately. I'm slowly trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle.

Tsrh. It seems apparently silly to self medicate depression/bipolar symptoms with downers like alcohol or illegal drugs.

I don't think self medicating when you are in crisis is a good idea. Any other time sure. But in crisis I think it just makes you worse. The problem is that in crisis you think it is making you better because you get to ignore stuff instead of confronting it and dealing with it.

I'm glad you are dealing with this responsibly Damon. I hope you feel better soon.

I cancelled a psychologist appointment over lunch today when a psychiatrist I preferred called me and told me he had an opening instead. The bad thing is I lost $75 on that decision but I felt better about it overall. This psychiatrist has a practice that focuses on cognitive therapy with medication as a last resort. He's out of network, so it bit me in the ass pretty good, but I think it did some help. And he said he can get me some of that back. Plus I now have the power of Xanax.

We didn't talk for too long. Just over an hour and 20 minutes, and a lot of that was for the initial psyche eval. The good news is that both he and my doctor agreed that I am neither crazy nor bipolar. I do occasionally get a bit depressed (whenever I don't have the kid) however I don't have manic or grandiose episodes, suicidal thoughts, consistent crippling depression or any other serious symptoms. I do, however, suffer from anxiety attacks. General Anxiety Disorder. Lucky me. It runs in our family to varying degrees of seriousness, and I have a moderate version of it. The same things seem to set off my episodes each time, which I will get to in more detail below, and anything from physical exercise to valium and deep breathing exercises should help. Of course I already knew that because I've been dealing with it since I was 20 or so.

We agreed that additional therapy sessions will help me. I have a lot that I want to talk about and get off my chest, and I need an outlet for it. So I will go in to talk with him once a week for the next month and see how it goes.

Apparently I have numerous residual emotional issues related to my breakup and relationship with my son's mom, abandonment issues regarding her and the kid, feelings of inadequacy, personal resentment, and destructive self defense mechanisms. I sabotage myself, or whatever.

My primary problem is the anxiety. My anxiety attacks, which can be mild and annoying, or more severe and cause me to completely panic and forget how to breathe, or throw up (which happened this weekend) are usually triggered by the same things each time: money worries, the kid, and the kid's mom.

I can't turn the anxiety off, but with the help of Xanax I can mitigate its effects. Therapy sessions should help keep it at bay by giving me a vocal outlet for my emotions and concerns.