I need your help.

I'm going with the psychologist over the psychiatrist. I don't want drugs. Even if they help in the short term. I would rather come to terms with what is really bothering me and vocalize all of that...whatever it is. Work through it and deal with it. I haven't eaten for three days, and I've slept for three hours during that same period. That was last night on the sofa, and I think it's because I had a good conversation about my kiddo with his mom on the phone, which soothed me a bit. I'm still a nutcase though, and people at work are starting to notice. They're expressing friendly concern and talking to me, but I can't risk another episode like yesterday so I've got to nip this in the bud as soon as possible. I have a therapy session over lunch today. 1 hour.

At least I will probably lose some weight from all of this. Sitting on your butt for two months isn't good for your physique.

Good.
Im glad to hear you recognized the issue and are doing something about it.
Get better, pal.

How did your bipolar get diagnosed? What were your symptoms, exactly?

I saw a few different doctors and got referred to mental health doc. I was losing time, suicidal depressed for no real reason, massive mood swings, overly frustrated about everything, go way too long with no sleep and then sleep every second I could for weeks, had a constant brain haze, no interest in anything in my life at all, and like an idiot I started self medicating with drugs and alcohol which made everything worse. I got so bad at one point that I couldn't leave my house for a few days and that's when I realized I needed help. That was so unlike the real me.

Sarcasmo with your current baby mama situation it's very normal to be depressed.

Last edited:
I saw a few different doctors and got referred to mental health doc. I was losing time, suicidal depressed for no real reason, massive mood swings, overly frustrated about everything, go way too long with no sleep and then sleep every second I could for weeks, had a constant brain haze, no interest in anything in my life at all, and like an idiot I started self medicating with drugs and alcohol which made everything worse.

Alcohol makes things thuper for me. At least sometimes.

I actually picked up a tiny bit of hash recently to calm me down in the evenings and it's really perked me up. I'll prolly have it for another week or so then go back to not doing such things. It's nice to have my head shut up for a few hours a day though. :)

Me too Knee-moe. I hate the meds docs give me so I try to avoid them. The docs always worry about my maniac side and don't treat my depressed side properly. So the meds make me super depressed and in a fog. That is no way to live. I like being up but I see the bad sides of it too. I just hate taking anything that makes it harder to think.

Some of the greatest minds in history were bipolar or very depressed people. Some of the greatest thoughts, art, and inventions have happened when they were manic.

Me too Knee-moe. I hate the meds docs give me so I try to avoid them. The docs always worry about my maniac side and don't treat my depressed side properly. So the meds make me super depressed and in a fog. That is no way to live. I like being up but I see the bad sides of it too. I just hate taking anything that makes it harder to think.

Some of the greatest minds in history were bipolar or very depressed people. Some of the greatest thoughts, art, and inventions have happened when they were manic.

True. I just feel a bit more comfortable with self medication because I know all the side effects and it's nothing unusual. I don't have to question reality and whether choices are because of the prescribed drugs or my actual thoughts/choices because with alcohol et al I already know everything about it. Also yes it can be quite dangerous to prescribe for the depression side in somebody who is biploar. Some patients can take just one tablet of anti-depressants and it can make them go into a catatonic/mental coma-like state which they may never return from. Couple beers isn't gonna do that. :lol:

I like being manic but it's very short lived most the time and I'm overly concious of everything that the manic state of mind induces so it makes me slightly paranoid. My boyfriend notices even the slightest bit of mania on my part and it can be a bit uncomfortable because he knows it's not 'me'.

Last edited:
Yeah, the forum with around 30 active members if that. Fuck.

And yes I'm the youngest member, so what? I don't think it's funny to laugh at someones age more than I do to laugh at someone about their skin colour, gender or sexuality, it's not something you can 'fix'.

I'm in a shitty mood today.

Also let's leave shit out this thread, it's Damons'.

You've always been sensitive about your age, love.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
you've been plenty of both. we all know it and you're in serious denial.

anywho, back to damon.

In before somehow I get blamed.

The only good medication is self medication. And a good ass kicking. Have you ever heard about fight club, Damon?

It's Dukes fault.

Also I'd honestly only recommend self medication to someone who knows 100% their behaviour patterns when self medicating. Someone in a bad state can drink lots and be worse for it, some people know that drinking lots won't lead them to despair (like moi).