I need your help UF!!

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
I started with a head cold yesterday, and today it's really bad.
My nose is completely plugged, my sinuses are throbbing, and so is my head. Not to mention my nose is running like a tap.

I need your home remedies to cure the common cold!!

serious answers only kthnksbye

Drink LOTS of fluids and orange juice, rest, give head, eat only healthy foods, just plain take care of yourself.

My grandma used to make me tea with lemon and honey when I had a cold like that...... and if that didn't help, lemon and honey in a bowl of boiling water, my head over it, and a towel over my head.

Strange things those Dutch folk did...... strange things.

Well I have drank 6 liters of water today... I'll be lucky if I dont pee the bed tonight :lol:

I have some lemon tea, I might make a cup of that.
It's sleeping that kills me. Nose is plugged so I have to breath through my mouth, then my throat and mouth gets really dry and scratchy...

*sigh*

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Well I have drank 6 liters of water today... I'll be lucky if I dont pee the bed tonight :lol:

I have some lemon tea, I might make a cup of that.
It's sleeping that kills me. Nose is plugged so I have to breath through my mouth, then my throat and mouth gets really dry and scratchy...

*sigh*

When I was a kid and my nose was plugged at bedtime, I'd sleep on my back, hang my head over the side of my bed..... worked like a charm every time.

you can heat bottled water to roughly body temperature, add about 1 tbsp of salt per cup of water and inhale it threw your nose. i usually prep it in a coffee cup and stick my whole nose in it. do it one nostril at a time. you'll clear your sinuses into your throat. cough it out and you're done. you'll still be sick, but at least you can breathe.

also, drink a whole lot of echinasia (sp?) tea.

theacoustician said:
you can heat bottled water to roughly body temperature, add about 1 tbsp of salt per cup of water and inhale it threw your nose. i usually prep it in a coffee cup and stick my whole nose in it. do it one nostril at a time. you'll clear your sinuses into your throat. cough it out and you're done. you'll still be sick, but at least you can breathe.

That sounds painful :(

theacoustician said:

Inhale the water itself? :eek:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Begin by gently massing your forehead and cheeks with small circles, working from the center, above your nose, outward and upward. Then, with the pads of your thumbs, find the v-shaped notch about 1" away from your nose, on the underside of your eyebrow ridge. Apply firm pressure here, holding it for ten seconds. Release. Repeat three times.

Move outward 1/2" to an inch (this will vary according to the individual shape of your face) and find another slight indentation. Apply and release pressure here three times.

With the pads of your middle fingers, feel for bony indentations at the bottom, outer edges of your nose. Apply and release pressure here also.

With the fourth and middle fingers, apply upward and outward pressure at the top of your nose, between your eyebrows.

With these same fingers, apply pressure along the underside of the cheekbone. There will probably be some sensitive places here; do not use so much pressure that you experience pain.

Gently massage, with small circles, along your jawbone from your ear to your chin. Relax your face by yawing, then repeat.

Gently massage or apply pressure to the top of your head, especially right around the crown. You can recognize the pressure points by noting the especially tender spots; that's an indication that some attention is needed.

Massage around your neck, behind and in front of your ears, and over your cheekbones, forehead and nose.

Better yet, call in a friend with a gentle touch to do these accupressure and massage treatments so you can rest and relax, giving yourself one more healthy boost.

Scm.jpg

something like that :eek: