I need your help UF!!

someone at work called in with a "cold" today. of course it's the begnning of the month and loans and mortgages and other special assets are all due to be paid or distributed... we want to kick her ass because half of us are here with either bronchitis or the flu and we're still doing our job and now hers :mad:

There is no cure for the common cold, but extra fluids and rest, and whatever makes you feel better are good. Echinacea might help shorten the course, as may zinc and vitamin C. If it is still viral antibiotics wouldn't help, but if it is complicated by a secondary bacterial infection (sinusitis, bronchitis, etc.) antibiotic treatment would be needed.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

EDIT: And if you have the flu, Tamiflu or Relenza might be useful if you are still within the 48 hour or so treatment window from the onset of symptoms.

DW said:
There is no cure for the common cold, but extra fluids and rest, and whatever makes you feel better are good. Echinacea might help shorten the course, as may zinc and vitamin C. If it is still viral antibiotics wouldn't help, but if it is complicated by a secondary bacterial infection (sinusitis, bronchitis, etc.) antibiotic treatment would be needed.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

EDIT: And if you have the flu, Tamiflu or Relenza might be useful if you are still within the 48 hour or so treatment window from the onset of symptoms.

...and giving head right?

Oh yeah, and don't go get antibiotics. I hate people who go to the doc to get something for a cold/flu. THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO EXCEPT INCREASE BACTERIAS TOLERANCE TO OUR MEDS. People will be plenty pissed and dumbfounded when doctors can no longer treat even simple bacterial infections.
[/rant]

fly said:
Oh yeah, and don't go get antibiotics. I hate people who go to the doc to get something for a cold/flu. THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO EXCEPT INCREASE BACTERIAS TOLERANCE TO OUR MEDS. People will be plenty pissed and dumbfounded when doctors can no longer treat even simple bacterial infections.
[/rant]

True. Antibiotics should not be used unless there is evidence of bacterial infection.

fly said:
[/rant]
Which is precisely why I only use scotch for medicine.

DW said:
I do have a cold, wonder if that *treatment* really works?

:shifty:
one way to find out.... might need to give it a few doses though

I know that Google is merely a click away, but what exactly is zicam? Is it one of those wonder pills I see commercials for where they talk about how great it is, then spend more time talking about the possible side effects??

BigDov said:
I know that Google is merely a click away, but what exactly is zicam? Is it one of those wonder pills I see commercials for where they talk about how great it is, then spend more time talking about the possible side effects??

It's OTC, yo.

BigDov said:
Nope. It's an OTC nasal spray that you take at your first hint of a cold. It GREATLY reduces the amount of time that you are sick.

Let it takes it course and it'll last 7 days, treat it it'll last a week...

atleast so i was told...

giving head is a remedy hm... my mum never told me that....hm...:shifty: