I need to find a good home for my bunny...

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
Last June a baby bunny came into the vets office I worked at. It was about 3 days old and was dying. I took it to a local nature center but the wouldn't except her for some reason or another I can't remember. I couldn't just put her outside and let nature take it's course like they told me to. So I kept her thinking she would die that weekend. Well she lived and now I have a year and a half old bunny. I know nothing about rabbits and since I moved out my mom has been taking care of her. I really need to find a good home or a rescue, she deserves someone who can take better care of her. Any suggestions?

And no we aren't going to eat her*

well if you don't want to eat her, I don't really know.

But I would maybe put an ad on a local bulletin board or something.

crazymike said:
well if you don't want to eat her, I don't really know.

But I would maybe put an ad on a local bulletin board or something.

I want to make sure she goes to someone I know, or atleast can trust. Unfortunatly working at a vets office I here the horror stories about animals being adopted. Rabbits are often used in cosmetic testing and we have gotten information about "families" adopting them from a paper or bulletin board and the bunnies ending up in labs, I am not doing that to her.

HifiGirly said:
I want to make sure she goes to someone I know, or atleast can trust. Unfortunatly working at a vets office I here the horror stories about animals being adopted. Rabbits are often used in cosmetic testing and we have gotten information about "families" adopting them from a paper or bulletin board and the bunnies ending up in labs, I am not doing that to her.

Some adoption agencies are too focused on quantity instead of quality. Perhaps you should try posting an ad. Then whenever you get a call ask for a vet reference??? Call their vet and ask about their pet history? A rescue group I volunteered for did this for every prospective adopter, and weeded out several bad applicants that way.

DW said:
All the way to Pennsylvania? :eek:
your only the next state over. not that far of a drive as long as the snow holds out.

She was real upset about the bunny last night. I really want to find her a good home so Hifi can have some peace of mind.

i know how you feel. i had to leave my bunny with my ex when we split, because i couldn't find a new apartment complex that would let me have a bunny (only cats for some reason, which is really bizarre). next thing i know Bunny has pneumonia and i've yet to see him since i left. i miss my bunny terribly, and i completely understand the value of finding a good home for him.

DW said:
All the way to Pennsylvania? :eek:

Honestly, if you would want her, we would bring her to you. I would also give you everything I have for her, she's a big bunny, and has a large cage that I think is actually made for ferrets, but she likes it. Also have a smaller cage, litter box, food dish, water bottle, etc. She hasn't been spayed, but she has seen a vet.