i need some ideas

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
for party food. do you remember anything you liked at a party? i'm looking for simple ideas, like for dips, or simple little two- step things. i'm having a cookie cake and ice cream cake, and i plan on putting out candy bowls, chips, salsa, french onion dip, and spinach dip. what else do i need? nothing too heavy. this is for the birthday party, btw, and it starts at 3. we're going out to eat for dinner later...

Hot artichoke dip:

To make (and the amounts are all approximates)...

1 can of artichokes in water, drained and tossed in a food processor chop up pretty small
3/4 cup of mayonaisse
1 cup of parmesean cheese
5 cloves of roasted garlic (this was a special touch I added in)
2 cloves regular garlic tossed in the food processor

Mix artichokes, mayo, and garlics togetherin a bowl, add in 3/4 of the parmesean cheese.
Put in oven to heat, covered (about 325 degrees for 20 minutes or so)
Add on rest or parmesean cheese and uncover
drizzle on a bit of olive oil....

Heat until parmesean cheese browns slightly

Serve with crackers or crusty bread.

It's excellent.

One (1) gallon store brand "bug" juice. Red flavor.
One (1) 750ml bottle of Rikalov brand vodka. Popov will also do in a pinch.
Any cirtus fruit

Pour "bug" juice in large bowl. Add vodka. Peel and chunk fruit. Add fruit chunks to bowl.

itburnswhenipee said:
One (1) gallon store brand "bug" juice. Red flavor.
One (1) 750ml bottle of Rikalov brand vodka. Popov will also do in a pinch.
Any cirtus fruit

Pour "bug" juice in large bowl. Add vodka. Peel and chunk fruit. Add fruit chunks to bowl.
I haven't heard anyone call it "bug" juice since I was a kid, weird. :fly:

Glad to know it wasn't only CT people that called it that

y'all are doing a GREAT job -- including the alcohol ideas. i'm pretty smart -- there are only going to be three kids and 27 adults at the birthday party. spangelet is too young to care who's at her party. i am oddly more concerned about the adults acting up than the kids. alcohol will either sedate or aggravate the adults in question. it's worth the risk to have it, if even only on a selfish note.

:D

course, i always have my valium.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I haven't heard anyone call it "bug" juice since I was a kid, weird. :fly:

Glad to know it wasn't only CT people that called it that

I have recently seen a drink actually called Bug Juice. I was shocked when I first saw it.