I need some career advice from my friends at useless

Housing will cost: 270.822% more
fucking new york.

you better get a massive pay raise, the same or fewer hours and opporunities for advancement. also, find out where the office is and where you can expect to live. you might wanna sell your car before moving.

edit: lol, Fort Worth to Manhattan:
Housing will cost: 407.364% more

Last edited:
To me it sounds like a great opportunity, but I really think you have to weigh everything carefully. When Dan and I moved to Ohio we left our families and friends. It seemed like a great opportunity for him. It meant more money, cheaper cost of living, and a chance to move in the company. He wound up miserable at his job and all that extra money we made wound up financing our many trips home to visit our families. We had so many reasons to return home from weddings to funerals and everything in between. I'm not saying that moving is bad for everyone, but we learned that for us family is more important that money and a better job. We'd rather work at McDonalds and live in a crappy apartment than move away again (unless it is to somewhere really warm).

I guess my point is, you need to think about your priorities logically and emotionally. Don't forget to follow your heart be it to a job you love to do every day or a family you love to be with every night.

To me it sounds like a great opportunity, but I really think you have to weigh everything carefully. When Dan and I moved to Ohio we left our families and friends. It seemed like a great opportunity for him. It meant more money, cheaper cost of living, and a chance to move in the company. He wound up miserable at his job and all that extra money we made wound up financing our many trips home to visit our families. We had so many reasons to return home from weddings to funerals and everything in between. I'm not saying that moving is bad for everyone, but we learned that for us family is more important that money and a better job. We'd rather work at McDonalds and live in a crappy apartment than move away again (unless it is to somewhere really warm).

I guess my point is, you need to think about your priorities logically and emotionally. Don't forget to follow your heart be it to a job you love to do every day or a family you love to be with every night.

I've been thinking about that alot, i have extended family up here that i would spend more time with and get to know better and with 300 dollar round trip fairs going back to orlando i don't see that as a huge issue. I sent an e-mail a few minutes ago asking what they are offering if i decided to go for it.

We'll see what they say.

fucking new york.

you better get a massive pay raise, the same or fewer hours and opporunities for advancement. also, find out where the office is and where you can expect to live. you might wanna sell your car before moving.

edit: lol, Fort Worth to Manhattan:

that's crazy orlando has a higher housing cost than atlanta
Housing will cost: 313.804%