I need ideas

Shawn...

Great idea though buddy, I am sure there will be some trial and error but I am sure it will help promote the place. I would concentrate on items that will help promote the place though. Watches, jewelry, purses and other things that would be used daily. Wow nice freakin watch man, where did you get that? From Bellinis over in Gulf Port, THEY ROCK!

Electronics is an amazing gift, I just think something worn everyday is more of a conversation piece.

Last edited:
gulfport?

anyway, get sponsors shawn.. but you need to get them in advance enough time to be able to include them in your promotions/marketing so they get good ROI. get people to donate the stuff.

i personally like the text idea.

Thanks for the input. The plan is to have a set time when we get things in place so people will watch us pull a number and then wait for the text. I'm not going to be in a back room sending a text at a random time within a certain frame. A specific time will be stated.

That sounds cool!

Nextel customers are fucked :fly: JK!!

gift cards are always good to win. you can do unisex ones like a visa one or a simon mall one.

jewelry, music, games, dinners/restaurants, eyeglasses/sunglasses, prepaid downloads, dvd packages, spas, games, sporting events, movie tickets, car accessories...also, hit up some new or small businesses and ask for stuff for a discount. make sure to tell them that you will be advertising/using their stuff for 400 people, or whatever the number is. mostly locals, mostly in their 20s...whatever looks shiny to the business will make them bite easier. and send thank yous afterwards. if you're talking to the businesses in person, be sure to have a professional letter and business card to hand them. looks better and is more believable. give them a flyer to the event, even.

you can always go to these stores and see if they are willing to put together a "basket" for you...most times you can pay $100 for a $150 basket for example, because they put in a little extra and you promise them free advertising time. if you announce that the next prize is from spa sydell and is 3 massages, it's free advertising. they can also stick in their card or promo slip in the "basket."