I need ideas

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
We are considering doing a silent raffle at Bellini's starting perhaps next week. The gist is, anyone who shows up prior to 10:30-11:00pm (we have yet to set it in stone) will be able to purchase a ticket for $5-$10 for an item to be raffled off between 12am-1am. We are going to require a name, cell #, and email address for future event updates and will draw the slip of paper with this information from a "hat." As to not affect the flow of the night with yammering on the microphone, we will call or text the number and the winner has 5 minutes to get to the DJ booth or we call someone else.

We are looking at items in the sub $150 range. Things like small Coach bags/wallets - and other girly items - for women and technology items for guys.

My questions are this:

Do you see any holes in this?

Do you have suggestions on items for raffling?

I'm down to hear anything and everything as I just started sanding this idea down a couple hours ago.

Thanks.

So for an hour everyone in the club will be staring at their phones??? I dont know about the whole 5 minutes to claim otherwise that sounds like a great idea. Nobody hears a cell phone in a club, so you will probably have quite a few upset people.

1. Depending on the service provider, some txt might take longer than 5 minutes to reach the user.

2. I know its $199, but you should give away a Wii. Guys and girls would like that. Also MP3 players are popular with both sexes.

So for an hour everyone in the club will be staring at their phones??? I dont know about the whole 5 minutes to claim otherwise that sounds like a great idea. Nobody hears a cell phone in a club, so you will probably have quite a few upset people.

Vibrate?

Why not just do raffle at 12 to 12:30, prize claim from 12:30 to 1 and then another if missed from 1 to 1:30, prize claim at 1:30 to 2.

That way you are giving them enough time to claim...

Wait... get one of those scrolling light boards. I think I have one at my parents house actually! Put it over the Dj booth and just input the winning number, have it scroll for 10 minutes

I see you do not spend much times in clubs :p

The speakers work as a constant vibrate

Guess not, but the vibrate on my Tilt could wake the fucking dead. I have to turn it off at night because if it buzzes sitting on my dresser, it wakes me up. I guess it depends on the phone.

I think if people know to be at least half paying attention to the phone, they will. I mean, you could say the same about announcing winners over the PA. What if they're in the bathroom or taking a smoke or something? If ya wanna win, ya gotta play. I think the txt idea is neat because its a little different and sorta adds an air of anticipation to it. Like "Ooh, who's phone will go off?! No one knows!"

Guess not, but the vibrate on my Tilt could wake the fucking dead. I have to turn it off at night because if it buzzes sitting on my dresser, it wakes me up. I guess it depends on the phone.

I think if people know to be at least half paying attention to the phone, they will. I mean, you could say the same about announcing winners over the PA. What if they're in the bathroom or taking a smoke or something? If ya wanna win, ya gotta play. I think the txt idea is neat because its a little different and sorta adds an air of anticipation to it. Like "Ooh, who's phone will go off?! No one knows!"

I just dont like it because I dont pay attention to my phone half the time :fly:

Like I just looked at my phone and my text messages are full and cannot receive anymore, shit like this would suck. I guess if you are paying for the ticket then you would pay closer attention, true. I just dont think drunk clubbers are that responsible and you would end up pissing quite a few people off.

Like I just looked at my phone and my text messages are full and cannot receive anymore, shit like this would suck.
:wtf:
I guess if you are paying for the ticket then you would pay closer attention, true. I just dont think drunk clubbers are that responsible and you would end up pissing quite a few people off.
And you could say the same about people missing out when they go and take a piss. You're never going to please everyone. If its a more tech savvy crowd, this is a rockin' idea. If not, then maybe you could rent one of those systems some restaurants have with the little glowing/buzzing pucks?

Why not just do raffle at 12 to 12:30, prize claim from 12:30 to 1 and then another if missed from 1 to 1:30, prize claim at 1:30 to 2.

That way you are giving them enough time to claim...

Wait... get one of those scrolling light boards. I think I have one at my parents house actually! Put it over the Dj booth and just input the winning number, have it scroll for 10 minutes
if you're showing it on a public display use a ticket number rather than their mobile number.

yeah my nice phone broke so I am using an ancient one

And you could say the same about people missing out when they go and take a piss. You're never going to please everyone. If its a more tech savvy crowd, this is a rockin' idea. If not, then maybe you could rent one of those systems some restaurants have with the little glowing/buzzing pucks?

Not really because if the person leaves, it is their fault.

Cant forget about all the people who don't have text messaging too

make up two piece tickets, one piece with a number, the other with data entry fields. put information on the ticket as to what it's for. give away tickets at the door. if they want to enter, they have to bring the ticket, filled out, to a specific place in the club and pay the fee. partially filled out tickets not accepted (depending on whether you want to be strict).

paid for tickets go in the hat. if you really really want working mobile numbers, call and text the number of the winner. otherwise display winning ticket number or read it over the PA (two or three times, so people can find their ticket). if there's no response in five minutes (or ten if the place is packed and it could take that long to get there) go again.

it's important to call and text the phone because of the aforementioned sms delays. or just go with ticket number.

giving out tickets with info at the door makes sure everyone there knows about it, and lets them fill out ticket at their leisure rather than stand in line waiting for a pen. also, makes them think about it longer. if it's one table selling tickets they won't consider it again once they've passed it.

giving out tickets with info at the door makes sure everyone there knows about it, and lets them fill out ticket at their leisure rather than stand in line waiting for a pen. also, makes them think about it longer. if it's one table selling tickets they won't consider it again once they've passed it.

Clubs LOVE a line

IIRC, there are companies that can make customized cases for Bluetooth headsets. Put a cool logo on it, nothing cheesy, nothing excessively speaking 'marketing', and give those away. Or, just give away a jawbone or jabr bluetooth headset. It's current, trendy, and people will love it. Jawbones, the overpriced godliness that they are, are still only around 110 for any color other than black. (+20 more bucks if you want the BLACK jawbone. Yay capitalism).

If not bluetooths, then something else clubby cool, like those t-shirts with the lighting, moving spectrum analyzers across the front. Cool looking shirt, it's high-techie, and those only cost like $30.00.

If all else fails, just tell them you will buy them a blow job.