i need help in formulating an opinion.

Pandora said:
Am I really more gentle than the average person? I always thought I was kinda average? I've NEVER lost control of myself tho, especially to the point where I could kill anyone. I'm too much of a control freak. If it ever came to that I'd prolly be more likely to off myself cuz I did loose it.
i think you definitely are. i think it has to do with your patience level. i don't have a problem killing insects, though i do think about it every time i do it, and i don't kill them outside unless they're interfering with me (sting, bite, etc.) but i don't have a problem killing a spider that's stalking me in my shower. (actually, spange did.. :D)
and like i said, i've never done anything when i lost control. i just know how it feels. i'm a control freak, too, and it's consumed me to the point where i lost myself, if that makes sense. i've felt raw hatred, and it's a monster. i just never did anything to regret in these moments. but i can understand how it happens. that doesn't mean it's not wrong.

SpangeMonkee said:
I'm talkin about the douche bags shooting at rescue choppers with assault rifles that they "nicked".
You should know better. True assault rifles arent available to be nicked. Ignorance is why we got the 1994 Crime Bill :rolleyes:

FlamingGlory said:
You should know better. True assault rifles arent available to be nicked. Ignorance is why we got the 1994 Crime Bill :rolleyes:

umm.. yeah, they are. If you are calling me ignorant, you are sadly mistaken missy. They bill allows for guns already on the market to stay on the market. Just no more new ones. So, if someone were to loot someone's house, say a gun collector, they could have access to that weapon. Or maybe even someone's home. Or the fact that there are illegal guns out there despite the law.

SpangeMonkee said:
umm.. yeah, they are. If you are calling me ignorant, you are sadly mistaken missy. They bill allows for guns already on the market to stay on the market. Just no more new ones. So, if someone were to loot someone's house, say a gun collector, they could have access to that weapon. Or maybe even someone's home. Or the fact that there are illegal guns out there despite the law.
Uh... You just proved you are ignorant. The legal definition of 'assault weapon' is functionally and technically incorrect, which is the point I ws trying to make. That is why the 1994 Crime Bill is useless. It also is a moot point now since most of it expired sept last year, 'assault weapons' as a legal term only exists in states that adopted the bill without the sunset provision or have their own definition.

The word you're looking for with "guns already on the market to stay on the market" is "grandfathered".

So if I go to a class 3 dealer and find a fully-automatic G36 I can't consider that a "true assault rifle"? Because I know such a man, and he owns such a weapon. Many, actually. All it takes is a tax stamp and some wading through a little bit of red tape.

Lord Flaccid said:
So if I go to a class 3 dealer and find a fully-automatic G36 I can't consider that a "true assault rifle"? Because I know such a man, and he owns such a weapon. Many, actually. All it takes is a tax stamp and some wading through a little bit of red tape.
$15,000 or so for the rifle
$200 for the tax stamp
6 month wait for the ATF background check after filling out a Form 4 (IIRC it's 4, brain fuzzy)
CLEO signoff on the Form 4
And it has to be legal in your state (Texas, of course it's legal there)

Lord Flaccid said:
I was just wondering what FlamingGlory meant by "True assault rifles arent available to be nicked."
I'm fairly certain where he's going with it, it's a conjured term to imply a certain 'evilness' that wouldn't exist in a 'normal' rifle.

A bunch of crap really, a gun is a gun is a gun, in the hands of even a basic trained individual a WWI era Enfield straight pull with 12 round magazines is FAR more effective than most modern 'assault' rifles.

I have my own take on it where it's only an 'assault' weapon if it's actually used to assault someone. I'd like to show you my assault louisville slugger with a silencer and bayonet.

SpangeMonkee said:
I'm talkin about the douche bags shooting at rescue choppers with assault rifles that they "nicked".
People are shooting at US Helicoptors in Iraq with SAM's, I don't hear you crying about them?
You seem to have the same opinion as Bill O Rielly, which is only to be expected. You're blowing isolated incidents which have not been confirmed out of proportion.

I say again, there's a lot more violent crime going on in your insane land than a bunch of welfare bums shooting in relatively the same direction of a helicoptor flying overhead. Other things need to be addressed before that, before the general american publics media saturated mind means that "those bastards" are now more of a national crisis than anything else! Forget about the hurricane, or the fact that guns are readily available, or the fact that more than 40,000 sex offenders are now unaccounted for. GET THOSE BASTARDS!

Galen said:
People are shooting at US Helicoptors in Iraq with SAM's, I don't hear you crying about them?
You seem to have the same opinion as Bill O Rielly, which is only to be expected. You're blowing isolated incidents which have not been confirmed out of proportion.

I say again, there's a lot more violent crime going on in your insane land than a bunch of welfare bums shooting in relatively the same direction of a helicoptor flying overhead. Other things need to be addressed before that, before the general american publics media saturated mind means that "those bastards" are now more of a national crisis than anything else! Forget about the hurricane, or the fact that guns are readily available, or the fact that more than 40,000 sex offenders are now unaccounted for. GET THOSE BASTARDS!

I was basically commenting on the fact that those sorry bastards are fighting against the very people trying to help them during a national crisis. Not the same thing as a warzone. Not even close. O'Reilly is a douche.

SpangeMonkee said:
I was basically commenting on the fact that those sorry bastards are fighting against the very people trying to help them during a national crisis. Not the same thing as a warzone. Not even close. O'Reilly is a douche.
O Rielly is an ass, but I love his show. I prefer H&C though.

People seek to take advantage of a situation -or- perhaps they were trying to signal to the helicoptor that they needed rescued. God knows what has happening, but I know that the media coverage (especially Fox) was focusing moreso on the Looters than State and Local governments failure to do absolutly anything.

I honestly think people need to grasp that desperate people do desperate things, it's easy to make comments about their behaviour when you would have possibly done the same in a similar situation.