I need good books on mp3 or good podcasts to listen to

Delphinium said:
I'm admitting some serious ignorance here, but I have very little clue how to go about doing the torrent thing. I just recently got DSL, before that it would have been useless for me :confused:

Okay, tell ya what:

I'll find a place for you to host your torrent, and then provide you with instructions for posting it. I'll PM you when I find a place.

itburnswhenipee said:
Okay, tell ya what:

I'll find a place for you to host your torrent, and then provide you with instructions for posting it. I'll PM you when I find a place.

Thanks, it's about time I learned to do it :cool:

Be warned, though, all of the files combined are pretty big, a total of 17 CDs of audio ripped to MP3.

SpangeMonkee said:
huh? it is not generally approved because someone might want to follow the conversation? I don't get it.

side note: you can always go to the public library at checkout books on CD and rip them.

It's not approved for two reasons:

1. Points are given for reasonably decent, creative posts over 200 characters, quoting increases the character count, and is considered spamming.
2. It does get a bit difficult to follow conversations after they get somewhere above 20 or so posts if everyone is quoting.

My local library doesn't have many books on CD. They only had LOTR on tape, and that just wasn't what I wanted. They did have I, Robot, and several kid's books that I checked out and ripped :)

DW: don't sweat it. You're still sending them and I appriciate that, even if it ends up taking longer

everyone else : I'll host a torrent of the goods when I receive them

theacoustician said:
DW: don't sweat it. You're still sending them and I appriciate that, even if it ends up taking longer

DW? She's dead, I hid her body in my basement :shifty:

everyone else : I'll host a torrent of the goods when I receive them

Great, I'd really like to see this enjoyed by as many people as possible. Two things though:

1. It isn't 100% true to the books, but it's a hell of a lot closer than the movies. In the audio broadcast they left some things out, but added very little.
2. I was a bit *lazy* in my file naming, given that there were 164 files :eek: They have names like "fotr-1-01.mp3", book name-CD number-track number on CD. It works for me when I transfer them to my Palm, since they line up in number order, but it may not make a lot of sense to everyone else.

Erk, come to think of it, I'm not sure that made any sense at all, did it? :confused: