I need good books on mp3 or good podcasts to listen to

theacoustician said:
Holy crap. That isn't the version of LOTR that's actually read by Tolkien himself for BBC radio, is it?

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29792&item=6950730586

Not read by Tolkien, but still good. "BBC radio production of fully dramatized recordings of all 3 Lord of the Rings stories & the Hobbit on 17 CDs totaling over 16 hours. You get the Hobbit, the Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers, the Return of the King. Each story features a full cast performance, realistic sound effects, and amazing musical scores to give the listener an great audio experience. This is a fantastic audio gift set and would make a great gift!"

Delphinium said:
This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29792&item=6950730586

Not read by Tolkien, but still good. "BBC radio production of fully dramatized recordings of all 3 Lord of the Rings stories & the Hobbit on 17 CDs totaling over 16 hours. You get the Hobbit, the Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers, the Return of the King. Each story features a full cast performance, realistic sound effects, and amazing musical scores to give the listener an great audio experience. This is a fantastic audio gift set and would make a great gift!"
badass

how big are the files?

theacoustician said:
badass

how big are the files?

Good news: They're MP3s.

Bad news: They're still damned big.

FOTR total: 4 CDs worth, 157 M

TTT: 4 CDs, 161 M

ROTK: 4 CDs, 144 M

The Hobbit: 5 CDs, 127 M (don't ask me why the discrepancy, I just ripped 'em)

I put all of the LOTR and The Hobbit MP3s on one CD. Uploading them anywhere would be a bit problematic, but I can mail them to you if the address I have is still correct.

SpangeMonkee said:
oh yeah. use some text-to-speech on that and it will be AWESOME!
stuff.jpg

If you want any.

Delphinium said:
I put all of the LOTR and The Hobbit MP3s on one CD. Uploading them anywhere would be a bit problematic, but I can mail them to you if the address I have is still correct.

They all fit on one CD? I want one too!

Where you been lately? Start answering either your phone or email, OK? :heart:

theacoustician: Um, the CD didn't get sent out until today due to mail service delay (translation: My daughter was supposed to go to the post office to send it, but didn't get there until today), but it is on the way now. Sorry 'bout that, I will be discussing this matter with my daughter after I get home from work...

EDIT: Dammit, I've gotten so used to putting member names in bold print elsewhere that I automatically did it here :eek:

Delphinium said:
I have all three LOTR books ripped from audio CDs, "I, Robot" audio book (NOT from the movie!), "1984", a lot of old time radio broadcasts including War of the Worlds, Nightfall, a lot of old time detective and sci-fi stuff, but that doesn't do you a lot of good unless I can get them to you somehow. I do have DSL at home, so if there is a place I can upload them for you you're welcome to as much as I can give.

Dude, you seriously have to make that LOTR radio broadcast available someplace. Maybe post a torrent link... or post it to a newsgroup. Just lemmie know where it ends up, because I'd love to get a copy.

Delphinium said:
theacoustician: Um, the CD didn't get sent out until today due to mail service delay (translation: My daughter was supposed to go to the post office to send it, but didn't get there until today), but it is on the way now. Sorry 'bout that, I will be discussing this matter with my daughter after I get home from work...

EDIT: Dammit, I've gotten so used to putting member names in bold print elsewhere that I automatically did it here :eek:
I FUCKING HATE sites that refuse to use the quote button. Drives me crazy.

Pandora said:
I think someone has lent us James Patterson's Honeymoon on cd. Anyone read/listened to it?
Is that the book about the women that keeps marrying dudes and keeps killing them for the cash?

I think I read that book, it's good

edit: I'm not kidding I read that book, I don't want to ruin any of it, but the story twists more and more until the end

itburnswhenipee said:
Dude, you seriously have to make that LOTR radio broadcast available someplace. Maybe post a torrent link... or post it to a newsgroup. Just lemmie know where it ends up, because I'd love to get a copy.

I'm admitting some serious ignorance here, but I have very little clue how to go about doing the torrent thing. I just recently got DSL, before that it would have been useless for me :confused:

fly said:
I FUCKING HATE sites that refuse to use the quote button. Drives me crazy.

Oh, it's allowed, just not generally approved.