I Need Exercise Badly. Dance?

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
I hate working out with a passion. Decided tonight that after the move I'll get back into dancing.

My question is, what style? I've done just about every type like a decade ago when I was more limber.

Also, if any Tampa ladies are interested I'd love a partner to go with about three times a week.

kthanxbye.

You have to overcome your psychological block of working out first. No matter how you dress it up it is still hard work. Stop being a pussy and do some pushups.

Edit: A decade ago you were 14.

Edit edit: Youll have no notable improvement with such a small change. Your eating habits will just self correct back to where you are now accounting for the small amount of extra exercise.

Last edited:
I'm not much for being slutty tho.

Still is a workout.

But as others said, while dancing will help it would be better if you did other things as well like weights every once in a while. cardio can only take you so far if you only got so much muscle. Have you considered dancing you can do as a couple? I'm thinking of possibly taking salsa or swing lessons (or yoga) and they seem like something a couple could try.

Okay first of all the real answer is right here

647464bb36cda8c6.jpg

but otherwise

You have to overcome your psychological block of working out first. No matter how you dress it up it is still hard work. Stop being a pussy and do some pushups.

Edit edit: Youll have no notable improvement with such a small change. Your eating habits will just self correct back to where you are now accounting for the small amount of extra exercise.

This isn't always true. Dancing can tire you out eventually.

I'm not much for being slutty tho.

If you're serious, it's actually more exercise ...

Still is a workout.

But as others said, while dancing will help it would be better if you did other things as well like weights every once in a while. cardio can only take you so far if you only got so much muscle. Have you considered dancing you can do as a couple? I'm thinking of possibly taking salsa or swing lessons (or yoga) and they seem like something a couple could try.

++

Working out is boring and repetitive. Dancing is fun would be motivating to get back into it.

Jazzercise!
:lol: :lol:

I hate working out alone. It seems like 20 min takes 2 hours to finish when you're by yourself. I'm thinking of posting an add at the gym for a work out partner so I'll actually go.

I'm with ya, it seems like I never get any working out done when I am alone. I'm a little competitive so if there is someone with me I'll try to out do them.

Still is a workout.

I'm not in it for the muscle or to lose weight. I just want my health. :hs: Fly says he'll do ball room dancing with me.

Okay first of all the real answer is right here

647464bb36cda8c6.jpg

++
If I had access to a lap pool without paying a gym, I'd probably do it.

Yeah, but one will find a way to take 50 small breathers. You should know this.

It was actually hard for me to gain weight like I did. I put some effort into it. I'd like to trim down about another 5 pounds (lost 5 in the last 2 months) but that's it.

At all points in my life, a good two hours of dancing has felt like a medium run. I used to be able to do a 5:55 mile or a 19:30 3-mile, which I know isn't stellar but it represents a pretty good level of fitness. Not as efficient, but normally that's not the point ... it's much better to start small and slow and work up to what you need than just to jump in. The worst thing you can do is balloon up and down in weight.

I hate working out with a passion. Decided tonight that after the move I'll get back into dancing.

My question is, what style? I've done just about every type like a decade ago when I was more limber.

Also, if any Tampa ladies are interested I'd love a partner to go with about three times a week.

kthanxbye.

fly isn't keeping you limber? :fly46:

It was actually hard for me to gain weight like I did. I put some effort into it. I'd like to trim down about another 5 pounds (lost 5 in the last 2 months) but that's it.

At all points in my life, a good two hours of dancing has felt like a medium run. I used to be able to do a 5:55 mile or a 19:30 3-mile, which I know isn't stellar but it represents a pretty good level of fitness. Not as efficient, but normally that's not the point ... it's much better to start small and slow and work up to what you need than just to jump in. The worst thing you can do is balloon up and down in weight.
I dont think April is going to balloon... Someone'd have to blow her... up.

Kiwi will give you a better work out then any dance class every could!

And I will video tape the whole thing!

Wait, if you need exercise badly that means there is something wrong with your need... Is your ability to need broken?

Working out is boring and repetitive. Dancing is fun would be motivating to get back into it.

Riiiiight.....

dance /dæns, dɑns/[dans, dahns] - verb,
to move one's feet or body, or both, rhythmically in a pattern of steps, esp. to the accompaniment of music

Exercising in a gym? Why that's icky and boring. All you do is the same things over and over till you move to the next exercise.

Dancing? That's WAY more fun. You get to keep doing the same movements over and over in a pattern. It's freaking awesome for people who try to justify their opinions with terribly weak rationalizations.

Riiiiight.....

dance /dæns, dɑns/[dans, dahns] - verb,
to move one's feet or body, or both, rhythmically in a pattern of steps, esp. to the accompaniment of music

Exercising in a gym? Why that's icky and boring. All you do is the same things over and over till you move to the next exercise.

Dancing? That's WAY more fun. You get to keep doing the same movements over and over in a pattern. It's freaking awesome for people who try to justify their opinions with terribly weak rationalizations.

No.

Working out consists of doing 15 reps of each muscle. Dancing consists of some music and artistically moving your body to the music. There is a lot more thought and fun put into dancing then there is working out.

Working out is for muscle heads.

kthanxbye.

Depends on what you are doing. I may be interested.