I need a new MP3 player for windows.

Whenever I hear someone not using Winamp, they tend to be using Foobar

b_sinning said:
Musicmatch Jukebox is well liked by some
my little brother skippy uses that and he loves it. He uses it for ripping and playing mp3. I tried to get him to use cdex but he didn't like it.

CletusJones said:
I use xmms and it's excellent. I'm sorry that you're using the wrong operating system.
:lol:

But I use foobar and I'm not turning back.

I don't need it to look pretty. I've got a Windows theme hack and it looks good enough.

foobar.jpg

wr3kt said:
:lol:

But I use foobar and I'm not turning back.

I don't need it to look pretty. I've got a Windows theme hack and it looks good enough.

http://www.ops-u.com/uploader/userfiles/wr3kt/foobar.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Okay then. :heart:

xmms isn't really all that pretty, i'm too lazy to install anything but the default skin, so it's just the generic black. I did install the FM tuner for it though :drool:

CletusJones said:
Okay then. :heart:

xmms isn't really all that pretty, i'm too lazy to install anything but the default skin, so it's just the generic black. I did install the FM tuner for it though :drool:
No no...I love xmmx on linux.

But for windows...foobar it is.

wr3kt said:
No no...I love xmmx on linux.

But for windows...foobar it is.
really? I don't ever have any problems with winamp, and I've got a really nice custom skin on it that's transparent and everything. It runs like a champ on my laptop, and did on my desktop before I stopped running windows.

Well, I can't really say that I stopped running windows... I'm using VMWare in linux to access the windows disks that are in the same PC, so I'm actually running 2 operating systems at once. It was a total nightmare to get setup (because I didn't want to have to reinstall windows and lose all my data) but once I did it's great. Windows was a little slow in the VM window, but once I upped my memory to 2GB it really made all the difference in the world. It'll run in VM for as long as the linux host is up, which is almost 24/7. This way I'm still able to run all the windows apps that I need for school that won't run on my laptop. Now that I've totally derailed the thread and typed out a bunch of useless information, I think I'll go do something else.

CletusJones said:
really? I don't ever have any problems with winamp, and I've got a really nice custom skin on it that's transparent and everything. It runs like a champ on my laptop, and did on my desktop before I stopped running windows.

i've been runnin' winamp since '96 or so and I never had ANY problems, but recently, when I loaded a song/movie/CD, it would hang and take up 80% of my resources. I even updated the damn thing and it still had problems. beats me.