Thread I need a judgement call

Reading this thread, I get how this played out. April was going to surprise Fly, tried to get him the days off on the sly. Fly found out, and started to shout. April said 'but babe, this is ok'. Fly said 'fuck that, you don't know jack'. He then made this thread, hoping to make the point dead. Turns out, it wasn't a rout, and now their argument will fester.

Would've gone better if she just asked him if he remembered to take time off, then played it off like had forgotten it

Say you're planning a surprise trip for your SO. You call your SO's boss and request time off for that person. Is that weird?

Not really. If it's a full on surprise then you don't want them to know. The boss will understand.

It would be weird if you logged into a message board and saw this thread about you, though. If you were the SO.

Again, it's not weird.

Weird is if the boss tells her that he thinks something really great is going to happen with her soon & she flirts back at him, & then they fuck on the desk.

That's kind of hot. Did they make a video for him to watch?

I think it really depends on the surprise-ees relationship with their job, and the sort of job they have. It has the potential to seem weird, but it also has the potential for awesomeness.

Weird would be calling in sick for your SO or making excuses for an absence, like you're trying to be their parent. Something like this could be fun ,but also might cause problems- depends on how time off is handled by the company- what if the actual worker doesn't WANT to use CLB or time off or whatever on this trip? you can't get the time back because you weren't there so they can't pay you, but maybe they were actually saving that time off for something else and only went on this trip because they had to now. I dunno. I guess the cliffs notes version I'm going for here is it depends.

for a hysterectomy. A surprise hysterectomy.
We visited my in-laws over the weekend. My MIL is apparently trying to get her doc to order a total hysterectomy because she apparently bleeds nonstop. Was not a conversation I felt privileged to overhear.

Say you're planning a surprise trip for your SO. You call your SO's boss and request time off for that person. Is that weird?

If you know the boss well enough, I'd say fine! I would totally call Liam's boss and ask about such....Although, now Liam IS that boss now, starting today, I guess I can't exactly go to HIS boss, cuz he is HADS (Head of Aussie Defence Staff).

Anyway, what the fuck was I going on about?

I don't feel like going back to check, so I'm clicking poast and hoping for da best.
:fly:

/Adderall poastingz